Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2024, 05:32 PM   #871
Mackkyloveskindl
Mackkyloveskindl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
If you previously managed to jailbreak & install the hotfix then maybe you can restore hotfix and then downgrade firmware. Read this topic:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...62#post4422462

Start with doing 2 more reboots and then check if ';log mrpi' and/or ';log runme' commands are working or not.
;log mrpi prints MRPI is not installed and log runme prints no user script found. I didn't do any reboots at all. Is that good news?

Should I go ahead with installing JailBreak-1.16.N-FW-5.x-hotfix via UYK?
Mackkyloveskindl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 05:48 AM   #872
Mackkyloveskindl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackkyloveskindl View Post
;log mrpi prints MRPI is not installed and log runme prints no user script found. I didn't do any reboots at all. Is that good news?

Should I go ahead with installing JailBreak-1.16.N-FW-5.x-hotfix via UYK?

I went ahead and did that hotfix bin successfully.
Have done the Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin via UYK (Updated successfully)
Rebooted twice. Ready to do downgrade

Now since I'm on 5.16.6.x I can't install KUAL
Judging by your edit on post #2 on that thread:
>you must downgrade your firmware to firmware 5.16.2 by using "RUNME.sh" variant of downgrader + " ;log runme" search bar command (since you don't have working KUAL to use the actual Downgrader 2.0 KUAL extension).
>Before using that RUNME.sh script you must first edit it to use the correct version code value for you Kindle model

I downloaded the Downgrader 2.0 zip and looked in the menu.JSON to find the build number for Kindle Scribe and it's not there.

So I need a RUNME.sh to put in the kindle root and do ;log runme
Which creates a version.txt that fakes being older so I can connect USB to PC and copy the 5.16.2.bin successfully?

runme.txt (not sh) has VER=336034 which I understand is for PW4
Does anyone have the VER number for Kindle Scribe?

Many many thanks to you all btw. You guys are killing it
Old 05-29-2024, 06:52 AM   #873
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackkyloveskindl View Post
I went ahead and did that hotfix bin successfully.
Have done the Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin via UYK (Updated successfully)
Rebooted twice. Ready to do downgrade

Now since I'm on 5.16.6.x I can't install KUAL
Judging by your edit on post #2 on that thread:
>you must downgrade your firmware to firmware 5.16.2 by using "RUNME.sh" variant of downgrader + " ;log runme" search bar command (since you don't have working KUAL to use the actual Downgrader 2.0 KUAL extension).
>Before using that RUNME.sh script you must first edit it to use the correct version code value for you Kindle model

I downloaded the Downgrader 2.0 zip and looked in the menu.JSON to find the build number for Kindle Scribe and it's not there.

So I need a RUNME.sh to put in the kindle root and do ;log runme
Which creates a version.txt that fakes being older so I can connect USB to PC and copy the 5.16.2.bin successfully?

runme.txt (not sh) has VER=336034 which I understand is for PW4
Does anyone have the VER number for Kindle Scribe?

Many many thanks to you all btw. You guys are killing it
The number doesn't matter as long as it's lower than the thing you are downgrading to so the value you mention will work
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 07:10 AM   #874
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Or use "VER=390069" for Scribe.
And of course change the file extension for attachment you downloaded from txt to sh (and filename has to be "RUNME", all uppercase letters).

Last edited by shamanNS; 05-29-2024 at 07:13 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:00 AM   #875
Mackkyloveskindl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Or use "VER=390069" for Scribe.
And of course change the file extension for attachment you downloaded from txt to sh (and filename has to be "RUNME", all uppercase letters).
Thanks dude
I have made it back to 5.16.2 successfully

Now where to from here? I am finding conflicting information
I re did the hotfix .bin, and now I need to get KUAL? Or MRPI? In what order?

I have the mkk folder in my scribe. I dont have a mrpackages folder to put the KUAL installer in...
Then Koreader
Then of course block updates too

Thanks again though you guys are the best
Old Yesterday, 05:13 AM   #876
Mackkyloveskindl

Nvm I'm making progress via https://kindlemodding.gitbook.io/kin...ling-kual-mrpi
KUAL success. Onto blocking updates and Koreader.

Once again thanks again, you guys are too supportive
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM   #877
Yizhe383
Yizhe383 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW11
keep getting stuck on step 14. Every time I connect to my pc it doesn't show up.
Yizhe383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #878
kindlenjoyer
kindlenjoyer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 8th Gen [KOA]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizhe383 View Post
keep getting stuck on step 14. Every time I connect to my pc it doesn't show up.
Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gkAiCyCZ7c
(it's in chinese but you can turn on auto translate for the captions and understand what he's saying)

The difference from Marek's instructions is that in step 11 he ejects the kindle from the computer but doesn't unplug the cable.

Also don't forget to start fresh every time you attempt the jailbreak again (so factory reset, maybe also reinstall the 5.16.2.1.1 image (I think it helped in my case)).

Hope this helps otherwise someone more knowledgeable may be able to assist you.
kindlenjoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #879
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Yes, "resell" script on PW5 requires that device battery is charging.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #880
Yizhe383
Yizhe383 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW11
thank you, I followed the steps but it still didn't work. I ejected the kindle but didn't unplug the cable then when I got to the power on part my computer didn't recognise the kindle.
Yizhe383 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak