Notices

Old 12-27-2022, 08:18 PM   #91
orangpelupa
Enthusiast
orangpelupa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
On my first unit the one corner around the power-button sticking out a bit and it was flexing a lot, also the plastic around the speaker-grill was bending outwards a bit. I sent that unit back and ordered a new one. (Pictures in the attachment)

My new unit doesn't have this problem, it's completely flush. Some might consider it nitpicking, but it was annoying me. The new unit I received yesterday doesn't have this issue, so I'm happy now!

I just tested a USB-C to AUX cable and can confirm it does support headphones. OTG keyboard and mouse also work.

To me personally the sound is cheap tiny and harsh. I don't think I would listen to audio-books on this device on speaker. From the post above I assume you did upgrade to the Leaf 2? What's your opinion on the speakers?
Can you share the pics of your old and new units? Can you share their serial number? (or just check whether the better built unit is newer batch?)

And may I use them in a review I'm still making? Will credit you in the video.

TIA
orangpelupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 06:45 AM   #92
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangpelupa View Post
Can you share the pics of your old and new units? Can you share their serial number? (or just check whether the better built unit is newer batch?)

And may I use them in a review I'm still making? Will credit you in the video.

TIA
The replacement device seems to be from an older batch.
The previous one: 100922B08XXXXX, This one: 100922B06XXXXX.

No need to mention me though.
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2022, 02:21 AM   #93
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

Quote:

thanks, and whoa thats interesting! older batch have better panel fits.

so it could be just the usual production variance then. we still doesnt have any conclusive evidence whether boox has refined their productions or not.

EDIT:

lol we hae the same join date and karma (what is karma?)

Last edited by orangpelupa; 12-30-2022 at 02:24 AM.
Old 12-31-2022, 07:20 AM   #94
denisuu
Zealot

Quote:
so it could be just the usual production variance then. we still doesnt have any conclusive evidence whether boox has refined their productions or not.
The only thing I noticed that was different between the two models is that the old one had Leaf 2 1.3 on the WIFI molex antenna sticker. The current one has Leaf 2 1.2.All other hardware parts matched.

I took the speaker and the magnets out, they weight 5 grams together. Now I don´t have to worry having the Leaf 2, too close to HDD's. Taking the magnets out wasn't an easy task... They were glued in super tight!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wifi antenna.png
Views:	180
Size:	412.9 KB
ID:	198714  
Old 01-03-2023, 03:30 AM   #95
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

Quote:

turns out mine's also in this producton batch 100922B06XXXXX. But got uneven panel gaps
Advert
Old 01-03-2023, 10:45 AM   #96
denisuu
Zealot

Quote:
turns out mine's also in this producton batch 100922B06XXXXX. But got uneven panel gaps
Oh what a bummer.

If you bought it through Boox I wouldn't go trough the effort of getting it replaced, just risking that the other unit will have the same issue. It took about a month before I was able to send the device back. It took a couple of weeks to receive the refund too. You could always superglue it shut lol

If you're in Europe and bought it through another store you might be able to get it replaced under the 30-day return-policy.
Old 01-20-2023, 12:59 PM   #97
Stronos
Stronos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX Leaf 2
I just got the Leaf 2 white, I'm wondering, how do I mark book as finished and how can I make it show tags/metadata in the Library?
Stronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 03:15 PM   #98
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronos View Post
I just got the Leaf 2 white, I'm wondering, how do I mark book as finished and how can I make it show tags/metadata in the Library?
Its an Android device - use apps from Google Play Store, which are able to perform your wishes.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 05:17 AM   #99
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Its an Android device - use apps from Google Play Store, which are able to perform your wishes.
Can't the Boox software do it by itself?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 06:16 AM   #100
Stronos
Stronos began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx BOOX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Seems it can't and neither can the apps I find in Play Store, really...
  • Load my EPUBs, PDFs
  • Show library as grid of covers
  • Mark book as finished without reading it (eg. opening ans jumping to the last page)
  • Filter by tags (to find series of books)
  • Support dictionary

Is it that much?
Stronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 06:17 AM   #101
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
I dont know. I don't use it because it can't or doesn't want to show left-aligned.
And I avoid the Boox library altogether.
I use Calibre on my PC and Calibre Companion on my devices and that's where I see what I need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	199156  

Last edited by ottischwenk; 01-21-2023 at 06:28 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:43 PM   #102
PembacaSejati
PembacaSejati began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Anyone found good drop protection for these? I've just ordered the black model with the glass front, and what I'm looking for is just a silicon rubber 'bumper' that saves the corners and front in the case of a fall onto a hard floor. But all I can see are folding or sleeve types - they don't protect if they're not shut / the device isn't in them when it hits the ground.
PembacaSejati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 02:16 AM   #103
denisuu
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PembacaSejati View Post
Anyone found good drop protection for these? I've just ordered the black model with the glass front, and what I'm looking for is just a silicon rubber 'bumper' that saves the corners and front in the case of a fall onto a hard floor. But all I can see are folding or sleeve types - they don't protect if they're not shut / the device isn't in them when it hits the ground.
I've been looking for a TPU case too, sadly no one seems to be making them for Onyx devices. I think best case scenario you might find a file to 3D-print a case.

If anyone does know a case, I'd be interested too!
Old 02-06-2023, 02:58 AM   #104
orangpelupa
Enthusiast

Quote:
Here are some more detailed instructions on how to root the Leaf 2. I'm not sure if it's allowed to share the patched boot image on here?

1. Test if ADB and Fastboot are working, if the commands below don't work, install ADB and the Google USB drivers

Code:
PS C:\00 - Standalone\ADB> .\adb.exe devices
List of devices attached
1EED4B07        device

PS C:\> adb reboot bootloader
PS C:\>  .\fastboot.exe devices
1EED4B07        fastboot

PS C:\>  .\fastboot.exe reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: -0.000s
2. Download decryptBooxUpdateUPX from Github
3. Right-click DeBooxUpx.py and open it in a text editor (I use VS Code), add the following to 'boox_strings = {}'
Code:
       'Leaf2': {
        "MODEL": "Leaf2",
        "STRING_SETTINGS": "okRZqgfOHft/Y5jHx1N0ECjqrc/Op/nADFj2uL7Jbuxq",
        "STRING_UPGRADE": "10Na33u5HfsCVHqjtwLrwACOW+2cz5MSnXUogONCTd9c"
    },
4. Open Powershell or CMD and run:
Code:
pip install pycryptodome
5. Download the firmware for your Boox device from Onyx's website. (or from your device)
6. Add the update.upx to the decryptBooxUpdateUPX folder and run the following command in Powershell:
Code:
python DebooxUpx.py Leaf2
7. Extract the payload.bin from the update.zip file.
8. Download Payload_Dumper and extract it (Allow it in Windows Defender or do it in a VM)
9. Put payload.bin in the payload_input and run payload_dumper.exe
10. Move the boot.img from the payload_output folder to the internal storage on your Leaf2
12. In Magisk tap: 'Install' > 'Next' > 'Select and Patch a File' > (Select your boot.img) > 'Let's Go'
13. Once complete, copy the 'magisk_patched-xxxxx_xxxxx.img to your PC
14. In Powershell run:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
15. Wait a bit and run the following commands (with the correct image name ofcourse):
Code:
PS C:\> adb reboot bootloader

PS C:\>  fastboot devices
1EED4B07        fastboot

PS C:\> fastboot boot .\magisk_patched-25200_r3xw3.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  2.130s]
booting...
OKAY [  0.143s]
finished. total time: 2.274s
16. If the device successfully boots you can install the patched boot image from magisk
17. In Magisk tap: 'Install' > 'Next' > 'Direct Install (Recommended) > 'Let's Go'
the same steps for 3.3.1?

EDIT: yep the same steps

Last edited by orangpelupa; 02-06-2023 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:17 AM   #105
denisuu
Zealot

bkerler responded to this issue a while ago.

Onyx Leaf 2 - QCS2290 (QCS_AGATTI) - USBError(19, 'No such device (it may have been disconnected))

How do I check supported CPU's in a folder of loaders again? I usually document everything for myself, but must have forgot that time. So, it might be supported by a 0x14D0E1 (sm6115) loader. I should download all loaders and find out which ones support sm6115?