Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-23-2017, 05:55 AM   #106
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I wander why some got the new home screen and some not on the same device, is it related to to affiliate?
It's random. Kobo are doing usability testing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:00 AM   #107
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Yes. It has quirks with a in-between book, i.e. In Death 28.5 does not sort between 28 and 29 for example.
Where does 28.5 end up in the sorting? Would 28.05 sort properly?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What's the best way to tell Kobo it's not usable?
Old 02-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #109
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
And how are they going to get the test results?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:12 AM   #110
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I disagree, series sort didn't exist in that firmware. The title sort included series, so if you have "The long apple (without series)", "The long apple tree (with series)", the sort wasn't right and it was a problem searching the library.
I admit I've never used the title sort, and I'll probably not find any use the series sort in this firmware, but for the way I use the sort and search functions the 2.3.1 method of sorting series worked exactly the way I want.

For those who don't remember firmware 2.3.1, the series/index was used as a secondary sort of the author sort, so sorting by author displayed all their books in series order, and searching for a series displayed that series in the correct order.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2017, 06:13 AM   #111
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What's the best way to tell Kobo it's not usable?
How do you report any problems to Kobo?

Last edited by davidfor; 02-23-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:14 AM   #112
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I admit I've never used the title sort, and I'll probably not find any use the series sort in this firmware, but for the way I use the sort and search functions the 2.3.1 method of sorting series worked exactly the way I want.

For those who don't remember firmware 2.3.1, the series/index was used as a secondary sort of the author sort, so sorting by author displayed all their books in series order, and searching for a series displayed that series in the correct order.
Problem was, it was the first criteria for title sort, so it wasn't accurate at all. I must confess I never use author sort, it's of no use to me.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:15 AM   #113
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If you have to send an email about a test you don't know it exists and you're part of it, I don't get it.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:20 AM   #114
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
No idea. I've never reported any problems to Kobo. Given that this is a test, maybe there's a different want to contact Kobo. I really have no idea why Kobo would do a test, not tell us and not tell us how to let them know what we think.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:26 AM   #115
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If you have to send an email about a test you don't know it exists and you're part of it, I don't get it.
Sorry, I was answering Jon's question. He didn't ask "How to I report the results of the testing?", but "How do I complain?" If he has a complaint to make to Kobo about the home screen, he should make it the same way he has made other complaints to Kobo. After all, I am sure he has reported all those bugs he complains about.

Quote:
And how are they going to get the test results?
Sorry, no idea. They will have an idea of who did got it, so the may send out a survey. Or they may track the complaints/compliments and decide based on that. They could also track the difference in the number of books that are purchased through the device.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:30 AM   #116
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sorry, I was answering Jon's question. He didn't ask "How to I report the results of the testing?", but "How do I complain?" If he has a complaint to make to Kobo about the home screen, he should make it the same way he has made other complaints to Kobo. After all, I am sure he has reported all those bugs he complains about.

Quote:
Sorry, no idea. They will have an idea of who did got it, so the may send out a survey. Or they may track the complaints/compliments and decide based on that. They could also track the difference in the number of books that are purchased through the device.
Well, I hope they don't take "no complains" as it's usable, that's all. I think that if there's a survey, here at mobileread we'll know it
Old 02-23-2017, 06:30 AM   #117
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No idea. I've never reported any problems to Kobo.
Why not? You have definitely complained enough about the firmware. Why aren't you telling them what you think? Why aren't you telling them how to improve it?

As to how to do it, how about going to their web site and looking.
Quote:
Given that this is a test, maybe there's a different want to contact Kobo. I really have no idea why Kobo would do a test, not tell us and not tell us how to let them know what we think.
Because the test hasn't finished. There is no point in collecting data until the test has finished. Or at least had a reasonable amount of time to run.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:43 AM   #118
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
The idea of a usability test without the users knowing is quite frankly ridiculous. I worked in software testing for 16 years so this makes no sense. Also those of us who have the new home screen via this site, how would Kobo know?

I personally am very happy with the new home screen but for those that aren't i can only suggest you report your unhappiness to Kobo via email. They will probably take as much notice as Amazon do.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:47 AM   #119
icaros
icaros began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I needed to power cycle my KA1 to change the mode.
Hi, is there a trick to power cycle? On my Aura Edition 2 it just stays in night mode.
icaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #120
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
This morning my Aura One was stuck on syncing again. When I canceled it, it still thought its last sync was 2/18 although it has clearly synced at least once since then. Still on the old home screen, but I wonder if it would be if it ever actually completed the sync.

I don't like the looks of that new home screen at all. The old one is much more useful to me. At least Amazon allows you to choose their old home screen which is just your own books. I never shop from either device and no interface is going to make me want to shop from an E-ink screen.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote