Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-10-2023, 12:02 AM   #106
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Wow, that's quite a book.
Last year I treated myself to this https://www.wbg-wissenverbindet.de/s...-forum-romanum

Quote:
I went to check out what the Times Atlas is doing.
https://www.amazon.com/Times-Compreh...dp/0008610118/
The last time I had one I wished that the index would be separate book or an app.
Printing the index on that big, fancy paper seemed a waste.
It was also hard to read.
A crappy paperback would have been more useful.
I love atlases too! Only there can you get such a depth of detail at a glance.
But I have to admit that atlases with just simple maps are a bit out of date these days.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 01:24 PM   #107
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Looks like buying physical books is an addiction now I must’ve purchased 20 to 30 since November basically since I made this thread. I guess I need to start looking for a bookshelf, for everything is powered up on my coffee table lol.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2024, 03:40 AM   #108
Sumanuil
Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.Sumanuil seizes *every* day. In the original latin.

Device: Kindle (10th Generation)
Some things are only available as physical books, so, yes.

Last edited by Sumanuil; 03-01-2024 at 03:44 AM.
Sumanuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:10 AM   #109
milo132
Banned
milo132 began at the beginning.

Device: android
only in cases when there isn't a digital version (which, regrettably, happens occasionally with local literature). I prefer an ebook if one is available. I no longer enjoy reading books on paper.
milo132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 05:52 PM   #110
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I've bought several pbooks in the last while. Since they were gifts for my granddaughter, the primary criteria was durability so they could survive teething, general abuse, etc.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2024, 11:21 PM   #111
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Graphic art novels I buy physically. They appeal to the "collector" part of me.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:50 PM   #112
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Graphic art novels I buy physically. They appeal to the "collector" part of me.
Let a water pipe burst over your collection. That'll cure that part. It worked for me 😢
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 10:38 PM   #113
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
i still buy physical the book i'm currently reading is a physical one Stephen King's Fairy Tale (2022) i've got less than #200 pages left of it i'm also listening to the audio as i listen to it and it goes so much faster
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:13 AM   #114
kwik
kwik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Do you still buy physical books?
I only own a 6-inch black & white ereader. So the answer is an emphatic yes. I can't see that changing unless they release a low-cost large colour display that doesn't look like poo in sunlight. Outside of mostly B&W novels that regular ereaders display OK, there is a whole world of reading material that is still best displayed on paper today.
kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:16 AM   #115
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Let a water pipe burst over your collection. That'll cure that part. It worked for me 😢
Ha! Yep, I'm sure that would do it. I'll be searching for a water and fire-proof cabinet now.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:51 AM   #116
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
I'll be searching for a water and fire-proof cabinet now.
May you never share my luck.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:47 PM   #117
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Let a water pipe burst over your collection.
Water pipe? Bunch of lightweights. Try a sewer pipe. Yup.

Edit: To be fair, ZodWallop probably lost more value than I did.

Last edited by Renate; 03-05-2024 at 12:52 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:49 PM   #118
neil_swann80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Water pipe? Bunch of lightweights. Try a sewer pipe. Yup.
Dear lord... We have a winner!
Old 03-05-2024, 01:01 PM   #119
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You want a real winner? Try a house fire that started with a battery for a pair of socks being charged! Battery exploded next to a couch and curtains; house and all contents destroyed.

Now that's a way to get rid of physical books and everything else!

Water pipes, Sewer pipes; all rookies!

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:11 PM   #120
ericshane
ericshane began at the beginning.

Device: TechnoGuest
Smile Enjoy your new reads!

It seems like you've had a shift in your reading preferences, opting for physical books after mainly relying on digital ones for years. Sometimes, the tactile experience and novelty of holding a physical book can offer a refreshing change. Plus, having a strong pair of reading glasses handy is definitely a smart move for enjoying the printed word. Enjoy your new reads!
ericshane is offline   Reply With Quote