Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 03:56 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Have Amazon changed their DRM?

I replaced my Kindle a few months ago, and have configured the Apprentice Alf plugin with the new serial number. I have just bought some books from Amazon for the first time since I got the new Kindle and downloaded them as AZW3, and then did what I normally do -- added them to my Calibre library and tried to convert them to EPUB so I can read them on my phone as well. The conversion failed with a "locked by DRM" error message.

I'm using Calibre 4.15 (pending a new version of the DeDRM plugin) and DeDRM 6.6.0. I download a DRMed book from elsewhere and I can convert it, and I've double-checked the Kindle serial number (cut & pasted it from Amazon). Can anyone tell me what I should do to fix this?
Old 11-12-2020, 04:54 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
I replaced my Kindle a few months ago, and have configured the Apprentice Alf plugin with the new serial number. I have just bought some books from Amazon for the first time since I got the new Kindle and downloaded them as AZW3, and then did what I normally do -- added them to my Calibre library and tried to convert them to EPUB so I can read them on my phone as well. The conversion failed with a "locked by DRM" error message.

I'm using Calibre 4.15 (pending a new version of the DeDRM plugin) and DeDRM 6.6.0. I download a DRMed book from elsewhere and I can convert it, and I've double-checked the Kindle serial number (cut & pasted it from Amazon). Can anyone tell me what I should do to fix this?
Post an import log at Apprentice Alf's blog. Detailed help with DRM removal isn't permitted at Mobileread.
Advert
Old 11-12-2020, 06:12 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try Calibre 4.23 and DeDRM 6.8.0.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:39 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
drm kindle