Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 04:01 AM   #16
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Hello Paul, Welcome to MobileRead..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #17
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Welcome PLD!

Collingwood or St. Kilda?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #18
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Hello Lene1949 and GA Russell,

Russell - that's a trick question for a non-football bloke. I'm waving the Casey Stoner flag today anyhow, won a MotoGP race last night.

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #19
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day MrPLD and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #20
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks cassidym - very nice to have everyone's welcoming messages - nice to feel acknowledged.

It'll be an interesting time here, with my love for all things electronic and software ( quite an Open-source contributor myself ).

Most of my work these days though has moved to promoting our latest book - a lot of learning experiences and also a lot of fun. Right now I'm swirling around trying to pick a suitable price point for our latest novel release ... and also working on broadening our marketing reach. Probably all sounds like yet another "me too" holler

If you're in to high-fantasy, then Elita's latest book lands on the darker side of things - really chewing on the whole mortality aspect of humans and the torment it causes many (anyone who's endured anxiety disorder in the form of health/life issues can really appreciate this book).

We have a 20-chapter ePub, mobi and PDF preview available on the site, simply download. We're also selling the full eBook and printed copies from the site (also the full print copy is available on Amazon of course ). http://elitadaniels.com/?page=books

Many thanks once again for everyone's very warm welcome.

http://elitadaniels.com - Tree of Life (Part I). They shall age like us; they shall die like us. - High Fantasy.

Last edited by MrPLD; 09-20-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #21
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome I hope you do well with your project
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #22
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Valmore,

Many thanks - nice to see a fellow "Daniels" clan member about

Paul.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #23
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not many of us hereabouts, but what we lack in quantity, I hope we'll make up for in quality.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #24
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Valmore,

My wife will be amused to see that your WWW domain-names are so similar in format.

Who did your artwork for the covers? At some point we're needing to chase down an illustrator/artist to do the cover on "Tree of Life" as we really want.

Paul.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #25
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer

The fantasy cover is by Howard David Johnson (http://www.howarddavidjohnson.com) and the SF cover is by Innovari (http://www.innovari.it).
I use Joomla for the website CMS and just grabbed a free template from http://www.bestofjoomla.com/componen...id,46/id,1958/

For some reason, I can't connect to your website.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #26
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Valmore,

Strange that you cannot connect. Try some of the following sites that are at the same location; http://nqrc.com http://pldaniels.com http://xamime.com

Failing that, I can only think that I've got an firewall block that's knocking your connection off.

Paul.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #27
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

( If you can see the Tree of Life banner on my signature then the site must be reachable ).

You can also try http://treeoflifethebook.com

Paul.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #28
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer

It's working now ... perhaps a router somewhere between us was rebooting or refreshing. I got all the sites up now! Looking good!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #29
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Valmore,

Quite likely - I'm colo hosted in a secondary sort of area where things can infrequently jump. It's our own piece of hardware but Australia does tend to have its fair share of routing hiccups.

Elita does the writing, I do the web pages, typesetting, publishing, marketing, artwork composition (but I'm not an illustrator). It's all done on Linux.

Paul.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #30
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***Interesting that you've gotten a local writer considering your own location***

Hi Paul:

I'm based in France, but after ten years as UK-based, we're actually now registered in Canada and the USA (a very scattered editorial, tech and admin house team).

And, with so many BB authors Down Under now, we'll be opening and registering a fully-staffed Australian bureau based in Adelaide in October/November.

We'll have Australaisian print and distribution based in Oz and will be producing print under a *BeWrite Books Southern Cross Editions* imprint.

It'll open with new releases by Oz authors, followed by a whole raft of great work by our existing Australian authors and we'll then phase in the rest of the BB catalogue, (currently 100+ titles, which is where we like to keep it as old contracts expire and new ones are signed), and, obviously, also release the 'Southern Cross' edition of all new releases alongside the international edition as we go.

Will drop a line when we're ready to roll and all wrinkles in the plot are ironed out.

Very neat new logo for Australasia, by the way. I'll import it from my other machine and post it later (currenly slaving away on a wee netbook, under a parasol and with a chilled beer at my elbow. Life's hell at times, eh, Paul?)

Cheers. Neil

PS: Must take a look at 'Tree of Life' from you and Elita. Sounds a good read. N

Last edited by neilmarr; 09-21-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: trypo
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote