Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #16
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Barracuda .01 cent

Hi Gang,
I need to clear up my 1 cent price for Barracuda. Its listed as a penny on Mobipocket, but other sites have not lowered the price from .99cents to .01. Smashwords still lists my novel at .99 cents and Amazon pulled an older, poorly edited, copy of the Barracuda ebook and listed it with the new copy. Naturally they listed the poor copy for a penny and the final version at .99. I've contacted Amazon and today they pulled the 01 cent ebook, but won't list the final copy of Barracuda at 1 cent. Frustration mounts! Sorry if this confused anyone, because I'm still confused. :-)
Mike Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #17
shk246
shk246 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hey Mike, I am a native New Yorker now living in VA. We have a few friends that were in NYPD and FDNY. I look forward to reading your book.

Sue
shk246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #18
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

NYPD & FDNY

Hi Sue,
I gew up in an Irish section of Da Bronx, and most of us either became cops or firemen, so I know lots of them. Thanks for purchasing Barracuda, I know you'll enjoy it.

Mike
Old 01-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #19
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Mike,

As a retired NYPD Detective I had to pick up your book to support your effort.

Since I do not have a Kindle, I found it on Barnes & Noble for .99 and picked it up.

Good luck on your writing career!
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #20
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

Hey Musicman,
Thanks for the support. Us coppers gotta stick together. So what do you do now that you're a retired bum like me?
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #21
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Monahan View Post
Hey Musicman,
Thanks for the support. Us coppers gotta stick together. So what do you do now that you're a retired bum like me?
I retired back in 90 and went to work for an insurance company investigating Insurance Fraud. Now I'm with NICB, with an eye on really retiring in a few years (maybe).
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #22
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Welcome to the site.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:32 AM   #23
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Hi Pat,
Thanks for the welcome. You're right, I have had an exciting career, especially the year I spent in Bosnia. Autobiography might be forthcoming. :-)

Mike
Hi Mike

Where were you in Bosnia and when? Maybe we bumped into eachother!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #24
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

Hi Musicman,
I retired in 93 and got my P.I. license. Then went to Bosnia in 97 as part of the International Police Task Force. Crazy sh*t. Came back and went back into the PI business until 2004. Finally retired so I could do the really important things in life, fish, sea kayak, cruise the mountains on my motorcycle , golf etc. :-) Retirement and divorce have opened up a whole new world for me.

Mike
Old 01-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #25
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

Hello happy_terd,
Unusual handle you have my friend, but as long as your "happy" I am. :-) Thanks for the welcome.

Mike
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #26
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

Hi M-reader,
I was assigned to work in Tuzla at a precinct. I rode patrol at first and then was promoted to Human Rights Officer. I would moniter the war crimes trials with my interpreter, work on recovering homes, vehicles, tractores etc for refugees and deal with the Omnibudsman. Then I was promoted to Laiason Officer and was stationed at Eagle Base. If you ever shopped at Eagle Base you would have seen me. 5,000 soldiers wore camoflaged BDU's and one nut wore an NYPD uniform with a detective badge. :-)
Old 01-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #27
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Mike!
I've added your book to my cart at Smashwords, although I'm having a few second thoughts about the below part...
Quote:
If that weren’t nerve-wracking enough, the many years of nuclear testing that had taken place in Bikini Atoll after World War II have had an unusual effect on the sea life in the lagoon—and the freakishly large mutant barracuda who dwells there perceives all scuba-diving tourists as lunch meat.
After watching Jaws, when it came out, I made some changes.
1) I had nightmares sleeping on the waterbed, so I sold it and got a regular bed and sleep as close to the center as possible.

2) When we took the boat out for skiiing, I only did shore starts and drop offs. It was amazing how I suddenly improved and barely ever fell.

3) I only go in water that I can clearly see to the bottom and around me.

Thank you again for making your book available in multiple formats. We are a worldwide forum of many devices and appreciate (and like to support) author members who participate and take this into consideration when publishing their work.

P.S. You may want to go back and edit your first post to show the direct link to smashwords, so members can click to view your book.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #28
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Hi M-reader,
I was assigned to work in Tuzla at a precinct. I rode patrol at first and then was promoted to Human Rights Officer. I would moniter the war crimes trials with my interpreter, work on recovering homes, vehicles, tractores etc for refugees and deal with the Omnibudsman. Then I was promoted to Laiason Officer and was stationed at Eagle Base. If you ever shopped at Eagle Base you would have seen me. 5,000 soldiers wore camoflaged BDU's and one nut wore an NYPD uniform with a detective badge. :-)
Hi Mike! You CIVPOLs were always a funny lot - I mean that in a nice way, you guys threw best parties ever!.

I left Bosnia early '97. I'd been involved in the whole UN/NATO thing since '93, so yes, I know the place very well. I was at Tuzla airbase during the UN days before the cavalry rolled in and turned the place into Eagle Base.

Yup, those were interesting times ...
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #29
Mike Monahan
Mike Monahan

M-reader,
Were you fortunate enough to visit the UN Bar in Tuzla? It was set in the motor pool maintenance yard. We hosted many a party there for visiting UN workers or election monitors. We worked hard and played hard. I enjoyed working with people from 34 different countries. The exchange of cultures was a bit comical at times. :-)

Mike
Old 01-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #30
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
hi mike,
a warm welcome from ...
yeah, next to you man,
from manhattan

will have a look at your book - love to read books from around the neighborhood

see Nelson DeMille - he writes great novels and all around NYC and Long island.

keep writing and we will read

harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote