Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
sauktowner6
sauktowner6 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 700
I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!

yea!! Finally a forum that makes sense. I'm not a techy, just a normal (I think) grandma with a new Sony 700, and not much of a clue how to use it's many features. I've downloaded some books, but as far as changing formats, it's like learning a whole new language. Don't know if I'm bright enough to do that

I'l keep reading the forms, & hope I find answers. Since we are snowed in today, I'm going to do more reading!!
Carol
sauktowner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Keep you chin up and keep reading....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Welcome aboard Carol.

Congratulations on your new Sony 700 - I'm sure you'll have fun mastering it.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Carol enjoy the 700
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Carol and welcome to the Forum. The 700 is a lovely device. You should really enjoy it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauktowner6 View Post
Don't know if I'm bright enough to do that
The fact that you can use an emoticon in your first post shows that you are.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome Carol. Try Calibre (see the WIKI) for format conversion. Remember you aren't the first ???generian on the forum. There's DesertGrandma & I'm a sexygenarian (or is that "sexagenarian").

If you run into trouble, just ask. Someone will know the answer and this is really a helpful bunch.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And don't miss the "BOOKS" link here on this site (blue bar, near top). Lots of older books, now free, and formatted just for your device!! (It took me weeks to notice that bar, so I always mention it to a newcomer!) And yup -- somewhere here is a thread with a poll about ages. The spread of ages is quite surprising!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Welcome Carol. Try Calibre (see the WIKI) for format conversion. Remember you aren't the first ???generian on the forum. There's DesertGrandma & I'm a sexygenarian (or is that "sexagenarian").

If you run into trouble, just ask. Someone will know the answer and this is really a helpful bunch.

Believe me, you can do it. If you don't get it on your first try, just keep asking questions. No one will mind. And whatever you do, don't give up!

Oh, and welcome!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Congratulations and welcome! Snow days are the best- I snuggle in one of my comfy blankets next to the fire and read a good book
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauktowner6 View Post
yea!! Finally a forum that makes sense.
Hmm, you obviously haven't made it into every area of the forum ([cough]The Lounge[cough]).

Quote:
I'm not a techy, just a normal (I think) grandma with a new Sony 700, and not much of a clue how to use it's many features. I've downloaded some books, but as far as changing formats, it's like learning a whole new language. Don't know if I'm bright enough to do that
Either "normal grandmas" are really smart, or MobileRead is an outlier statistic. I think you'll find a few "normal grandmas" here whose modesty, like yours, belies their actual ability. (and I'm not just saying that because desertgrandma is giving me "the look" and carries a bigger stick than me. )

Welcome, Carol.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Hmm, you obviously haven't made it into every area of the forum ([cough]The Lounge[cough]).

Either "normal grandmas" are really smart, or MobileRead is an outlier statistic. I think you'll find a few "normal grandmas" here whose modesty, like yours, belies their actual ability. (and I'm not just saying that because desertgrandma is giving me "the look" and carries a bigger stick than me. )

Welcome, Carol.

Cheers,
Marc
Ahem. I can't find the post right now, but I seem to remember coming across one about my precious Kindle and what I did to make it ugly or uglier than others? Was that your post, my little monkey? hhmmmmmm???
Old 01-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Ahem. I can't find the post right now, but I seem to remember coming across one about my precious Kindle and what I did to make it ugly or uglier than others? Was that your post, my little monkey? hhmmmmmm???
No...no, I don't think so. I think that was pilotbob, him over there [points over desertgrandma's left shoulder and then runs out the door when she looks]

Cheers,
Marc (the one with the innocent face and fast feet)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
No...no, I don't think so. I think that was pilotbob, him over there [points over desertgrandma's left shoulder and then runs out the door when she looks]

Cheers,
Marc (the one with the innocent face and fast feet)
Old 01-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Trouble maker... Marc is LYING!!!

Mom... he touched me!!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote