Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
Slople
Slople began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Any android-e-reader with hackable serial port?

Hey

is there any android-e-reader out there that is known to have a working serial port on the PCB?
I see that at least the following brands have the rx/tx-tabs on the PCB:

- Tolino
- Onyx

but Onyx has already confirmed to me that the serial port is not even connected HW-wise.

Thanks!
Raphael
Slople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:25 AM   #2
Slople
Slople began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slople View Post
but Onyx has already confirmed to me that the serial port is not even connected HW-wise
...and then again, the Onyx-support wrote in a later mail:

"First of all, that is not useless serial port, it is the serial port we use to debug the device and grab the log."

<- doesn't this mean it is, at least, HW-connected?
Slople is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2020, 04:05 AM   #3
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slople View Post
...and then again, the Onyx-support wrote in a later mail:

"First of all, that is not useless serial port, it is the serial port we use to debug the device and grab the log."

<- doesn't this mean it is, at least, HW-connected?
Sure sounds like the port should be usable
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote