Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #1
phoenix512
Enthusiast
phoenix512 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
How read mobi (or pobi) files in landscape mood?

It seems impossible for me to read magazines which are in mobi format in landscape mode. There is no such option for reading magazines (PW2 FW:5.4.3.2)
I tried to use KOReader but because mobi are automatically changed to pobi, KOReader doesn't open them. I tried to convert them to azw. The problem is that in azw format the display of sections are lost.
Is there any hack for this?
Thanks in advance
phoenix512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe the periodicals format only shows in portrait mode. Converting to MOBI/AZW3 will fix that, but then you lose sections display. And if you were to do that, you don't have to use KOReader, the builtin reader does landscape on regular books just fine.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
landscape mode, mobi