Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #31
thomega
Connoisseur
thomega began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
I'm not happy with my scaling "formula", which is just a glorified fudge factor, but a least I win on file size ...

Quad 002_merged.pdf, PhotoField_safe_merged.pdf, Drenalin Owners Manual_merged.pdf

The program is written in O'Caml and is portable to all machines runnig O'Caml (i.e. all machines ), since it only uses camlpdf and ocaml-slqlite3. I will release it under the GPL, as soon as I have received a DR1000S and had the chance to convince myself that the scaling is done right.

(I can give the current sources to people who want to compile it without any handholding .)
thomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #32
thomega
Connoisseur

OK, here it is: screrge-preview.tar.gz.

The Makefile assumes that you have O'Caml installed and that you have wget in your path to get the two required libraries. There is no autoconf yet and no documentation. There are many options missing (color, opacity, time stamps, &c.) and the scaling and rotation can be seriously off -- not to mention that you machine migh spontaneously combust . You have been warned. Enjoy .

Last edited by thomega; 10-19-2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling:(
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #33
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I've tried Ross's new version of DR Merge & things now line up. The file size is an interesting one. I wonder if in the companion software the merge then does a further compression to reduce it again?
thanks again everyone.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #34
thomega
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
The file size is an interesting one. I wonder if in the companion software the merge then does a further compression to reduce it again?
I don't think so. Ross' uses Quartz drawing primitives for each line segment that are apparently terribly ineffecient (my acroread takes forever to render them). I build the lines using PDF operators in one piece and append it directly to each page. I can save another factor of two by using PDF transforms and the DR's integer pixel coordinates instead of my already scaled floats that are typically twice as long...
Old 10-21-2008, 03:41 AM   #35
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
you may be correct. If I can figure out how to get your programme to run on the mac I'll give it a go.

The speed of resposne does vary dramatically depending on which pdf reader you use to open them though. In the MAc, acrobat is slow, preview quite quick & likewise the quick view.
On the PC, acrobat isn't too bad.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #36
StramigioliS
StramigioliS began at the beginning.

Device: IRex 1000s
I am new to this group, but I am very happy other people have the same problems. I am trying a IRex 1000s and seeing the discussion I wonder if IReX wants to sell this product at all!! The idea is great, but if they do not deliver any decent SW to do this things and they do not react to any email I send them, this let me wonder. I really hope you figure out the solution for the merging of PDF files and metadata.db. Thanks a lot in advance for anything you may find out!
StramigioliS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr1000s, metadata, scribbles, sqlite