Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
grzy7316
grzy7316 doesn't littergrzy7316 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505, iPod Touch, Palm Zire m150
Help with writing a hack

I am trying to create a hack to basically create a bar or margin of some sort, similar to the ones in the menus for browsing things on the reader that will be present while reading books. I figured this would be possible to be done through main .xml, but have no idea how to do so. Could anyone create a main .xml file that does this or show me how to? For those of you wondering why I want such a seemingly pointless hack, I am doing this because I have a crack that renders a small section of the top of the screen unusable and do not want to replace my reader just yet.
grzy7316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Do you use Calibre to create your ebooks?

If so, when converting each book, you could just specify a large enough "page top margin" to avoid the crack.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert