Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

View Poll Results: Happy? Unhappy? Just okay?
Very unhappy 7 17.07%
. 3 7.32%
. 3 7.32%
It is okay 3 7.32%
. 3 7.32%
. 11 26.83%
Very happy 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #16
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
That issue has been addressed in the new firmware.
Actually, I'm finding battery life in 1.3 to be worse than in 1.2. Stability has taken a backward step as well.

My unit was fully charged two days agao and today it's down to two bars. That's about four hours of reading time with mostly standby time. The wifi switch is in the 'off' position.

I've also been dumped out of the reader back to the file listing a few times when hitting 'next page' in a book or when hitting 'menu' in a book. I've got one epub that won't open at all, though it opens in calibre's reader just fine.

Any idea when the next firmware is scheduled? If you need some beta testers, I'm willing to help.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #17
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Oops, I dropped a box on my computer just as I was about to vote and accidentally voted in the unhappy section, this is not the case at all!

The Neo/Boox has some draw backs, but overall it is an excellent critter. I am very pleased with my Neo.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #18
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
yeah i don't know how i voted unhappy. sorry that's a very happy vote from me.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:13 AM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
yeah i don't know how i voted unhappy. sorry that's a very happy vote from me.
Yours was one I was most curious about, yes
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #20
Fith
Enthusiast
Fith began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo / Onyx Boox 60
There's something wrong with the poll or the way the answers are structured, as I seem to have voted unhappy when I'm sure I voted very happy.

As an example, why is negative statement at the top instead of the bottom in the results list?

Unfortunately I cant see the POLL any more as I have voted.

Last edited by Fith; 03-19-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Fith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #21
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
I agree. Usually polls go from good to bad. And the un in unhappy is easily overlooked. It would have been better to use completely different terms like 'excellent' and 'would never buy again'. Maybe we should do a new poll.

Oh and to Dulin's Books: Thank You for the clarification. I thought that it probably was a mistake.

Last edited by frozennorth; 03-19-2010 at 02:10 PM.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #22
forcheville
Zealot
forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs650, Boox M92, Samsung Slate 7
Well, I feel better about saying I'm in the same boat, I meant to vote "very happy" (7) but I'm recorded as the opposite (1).
I hope someone can fix the poll.

Firmware 1.3 has fixed internet connection for me, I can now use WEP (with a long hex password) and WPA2.
As for battery life, I'm not sure yet, but I it seems that large pure graphic pdfs drain the battery rather more than epubs or small text based pdfs.
This is not totally unexpected as even computers can find those big pdfs hard to scroll.
forcheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #23
mmanville
mmanville began at the beginning.

Device: none
It sounds like the results of this poll are completely meaningless due to confusion about how it was structured.

I myself can't vote in it, because I am not an owner, I am in a "holding pattern," waiting for an update on the expected availability of the larger boox. The last update we got on that was nearly two months ago, though (hint hint)

Last edited by mmanville; 03-23-2010 at 09:18 AM.
mmanville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #24
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Yep, the poll results do look depressive and, without reading entire topic, very misleading.
May I suggest resetting the votes and possibly changing the "." options into something more descriptive?
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #25
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Sorry for the confusion :/
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #26
Fith
Enthusiast
Fith began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo / Onyx Boox 60
No problem Luag.

I nearly made the same mistake on my Poll and that was just after posting here!
Fith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #27
Tigerlee
Tigerlee began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60
i just voted very happy before i read all your posts. now i m not sure as i can't see what i have voted
Tigerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #28
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlee View Post
i just voted very happy before i read all your posts. now i m not sure as i can't see what i have voted
You voted very unhappy in the poll.

I think it would be best if a moderator could delete this thread as it might mislead people interested in the boox.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote