Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-18-2021, 10:05 PM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Kindle reader orientation

I have an Amazon Fire 7 tablet with the Kindle reader app. All other readers I've used either defaulted to vertical (book) orientation, or could be set that way. But I can't see how to do it with the Kindle app. Whenever I tilt it above 45 degrees, it switches to landscape mode. Very annoying. Is there a hidden setting? All I can do is go into the tablet settings and turn off Auto Rotate, but that affects everything on the tablet, like the browser, which I prefer in landscape mode.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:39 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You can lock rotation very easily: swipe down from top for ‘quick settings’ (or whatever it is called) and tap the ‘rotation’ icon (circular arrow). It will then display a padlock in there, and only if an app (e.g. a game) requires landscape will it go to landscape. Of course you can lock it in landscape as well.

Last edited by tomsem; 04-20-2021 at 05:10 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2021, 05:47 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Thank you. I just discovered that and am now using it. It took me a while to understand what others were telling me to "swipe" and such.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote