Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2018, 03:14 AM   #121
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1

Following the davidfor's reminder (thank you), I've try to make a patch to assign a value to "LargePrintFontScale" parameter but, for some reason (my assembler is a little bit lost) I can't to hold it on. When I reboot or check on/off "Large Print Mode" my value desapper. I don't really need the patch but I'd like to know... anything that point my only neuron to relax.
Thanks in advance.

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #122
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
writer´s name

Add at the name of the book line the writer´s name, Is that possible?
Thank you
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #123
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post

Following the davidfor's reminder (thank you), I've try to make a patch to assign a value to "LargePrintFontScale" parameter but, for some reason (my assembler is a little bit lost) I can't to hold it on. When I reboot or check on/off "Large Print Mode" my value desapper. I don't really need the patch but I'd like to know... anything that point my only neuron to relax.
Thanks in advance.
What exactly do you mean by this? Do you want to change the value in a patch instead of using the config file?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #124
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avresbo View Post
Add at the name of the book line the writer´s name, Is that possible?
Thank you
In what context?
Old 12-19-2018, 02:54 AM   #125
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
What exactly do you mean by this? Do you want to change the value in a patch instead of using the config file?

Yes, change and hold (as I said: when I reboot or check on/off "Large Print Mode" my value disappear).

Good luck.
Advert
Old 12-19-2018, 07:23 AM   #126
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Quote:
This is not `Remove extra bottom space when footer disabled` but... when you enable `Show footer` you can adjust it with:
Spoiler:
Code:
Reduce reading footer and quit caption:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Based on GeoffR's `Custom reading footer style`
  - FindReplaceString:
      Find:    "ReadingFooter {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 105;\n}\n\
                ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 170;\n}\n\
                ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 221;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}"
# When editing the replacement values below,
# BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE THE LENGTH OF THE REPLACEMENT STRING!
      Replace: "ReadingFooter {qproperty-footerMargin: 00; min-height: 15px; max-height: 15px;}\n\
                #caption{qproperty-visible:false;}\n                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         "
      MustMatchLength: yes

Good luck.
I've tried this for my Kobo Glo HD but get a failure. How has the code to look like for the Kobo Glo HD (Alyssum)? I've uncommented the line with Alyssum but it doesn't seem to work.
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:47 AM   #127
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
I've tried this for my Kobo Glo HD but get a failure. How has the code to look like for the Kobo Glo HD (Alyssum)? I've uncommented the line with Alyssum but it doesn't seem to work.
Code:
  - FindReplaceString:
                ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 221;\n}\n\
                #caption[qApp_localeName=\"ja_JP\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}"
      Replace: "ReadingFooter {qproperty-footerMargin: 00; min-height: 15px; max-height: 15px;}\n\
                #caption{qproperty-visible:false;}\n                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         "
Note that, for any patch, you can only change the Replace part (green). The Find part is the original one and the Replace part is which you want to put in.
The # is inside the Find part and it is part of the variable name, not a remark sign.
In this case the height value (purple) is the important one for you.

Good luck.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #128
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Hey, @geek1011, I found a bug of "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen".

I put

[DeveloperSettings]
EnableDebugServices=true

into "Kobo eReader.conf" and enable "Invert Screen" in Settings->Developer options(The "Invert Screen" in "Reading Settings" is unchecked), and it works perfectly even after I power it off/on again, the status will keep as I set in "Developer options".

But if use this "Invert Screen" patch and enable it in "Reading Settings" (before enabling this patch, I disable/uncheck "Invert Screen" in "Developer options" and remove the above lines in "Kobo eReader.conf" and power off/on): it works OK, once I power it off/on again, the effect will be gone, the white-text-black-background effect will restore to the white-background-black-text, but the status of the "Invert Screen" item in "Reading Settings" is still what I set (on/check status), so if I want it white-text-black-background again, I have to uncheck-check it again.

This bug can be reproduced. I've tried it multiple times.

FYI: Kobo Forma 4.11.12019 and patched
@geek1011,

Just to revisit for a moment, this minor issue reported by codychan. Here's a bit more info...

If you use the DeveloperSettings option to toggle InvertScreen then the InvertScreen=true/false line is added to the [FeatureSettings] section of the .conf file.

If you use the 'Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen' patch to do the toggling then the InvertScreen=true/false line is added to the [Reading] section of the .conf file. It's possible that this is inevitable given the hijacked Adobe Page Numbers option is on the Reading settings page.

If you've used both then you end up with 2 InvertScreen lines in the .conf file. I'm guessing that after a full power off/on the Kobo always looks in the [FeatureSettings] section for current status.

Personally, I'm not too bothered by the minor inconvenience because I'm just happy to have a quick access GUI toggling method, even if it does need a little bit of manual effort to re-synch the settings after a full reboot.

I realise there's only so much that can be done with the 'keyhole surgery' options inherit in patching, but I thought I'd pass on this info in case the patch can be improved if/when you have time to investigate further.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #129
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Quote:
Code:
  - FindReplaceString:
Note that, for any patch, you can only change the Replace part (green). The Find part is the original one and the Replace part is which you want to put in.
The # is inside the Find part and it is part of the variable name, not a remark sign.
In this case the height value (purple) is the important one for you.

Good luck.
Ok, thank you! I tried to patch it in libnickel but it came out, it is a patch for nickel. It's working now and indeed the footer space is gone
Old 12-19-2018, 11:19 AM   #130
Dirk-71
Zealot

Quote:
This is not `Remove extra bottom space when footer disabled` but... when you enable `Show footer` you can adjust it with:
Spoiler:
Code:
  - FindReplaceString:

Good luck.
This patch has another (for me welcome) effect. The navigation bar will not appear automatically when tapping on the center of the screen. PERFECT!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=117
Old 12-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #131
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@geek1011,

Just to revisit for a moment, this minor issue reported by codychan. Here's a bit more info...

If you use the DeveloperSettings option to toggle InvertScreen then the InvertScreen=true/false line is added to the [FeatureSettings] section of the .conf file.

If you use the 'Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen' patch to do the toggling then the InvertScreen=true/false line is added to the [Reading] section of the .conf file. It's possible that this is inevitable given the hijacked Adobe Page Numbers option is on the Reading settings page.

If you've used both then you end up with 2 InvertScreen lines in the .conf file. I'm guessing that after a full power off/on the Kobo always looks in the [FeatureSettings] section for current status.

Personally, I'm not too bothered by the minor inconvenience because I'm just happy to have a quick access GUI toggling method, even if it does need a little bit of manual effort to re-synch the settings after a full reboot.

I realise there's only so much that can be done with the 'keyhole surgery' options inherit in patching, but I thought I'd pass on this info in case the patch can be improved if/when you have time to investigate further.
Thanks for the detailed info! I think I can do something about this, now that I know the cause. I'll look into it this weekend.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:24 PM   #132
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Thanks for the detailed info! I think I can do something about this, now that I know the cause. I'll look into it this weekend.
Thanks, @jackie_w and @geek1011

If you need anything else such as logs, please let me know.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:20 AM   #133
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
Since firmware 4.11.11980 the navigationbar appears always when tapping on the center of the display. Would be nice to have an option to handle this behaviour.
I believe geek1011 said he was going to take a look at this? Any ideas/progress?

Thank you.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #134
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I believe geek1011 said he was going to take a look at this? Any ideas/progress?

Thank you.
Haven't got around to it yet, as I've been busy.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:25 AM   #135
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

Thank you.
Perhaps...

Good luck.

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests