Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-04-2016, 03:07 AM   #1
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
CREngine shortcomings

Out of curiosity yesterday I built a Linux version from the CoolReader fork in KOReader's repository. A quick run (ePub) brought out the following issues:

text-align: right was broken.
negative text-indent value didn't work (for hanging indents).
img border was displayed when border attribute was not specified.
no small-caps.
odd values for headers in default epub.css (page-breaks).

This might be Linux specific:
initially table appears like folded over, resizing the window refreshes to display it correctly.

I think this engine is used to build KOReader, if not, forgive me for the noise.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:44 AM   #2
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Could you please join a test file illustrating the above points? I'd like to try it on Koreader.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2016, 08:56 AM   #3
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Charged up my old tablet, tried KOreader Android version 2015.11.394 and 2015.11.587 (nightly build brought me to his version).

Header fonts are wrong (could be Android specific), some italic span use bad font (sans-serif instead of serif), text-align: right wrong, negative indent does not work.
There are extra pagebreaks.
No problem with image border or with table.

No major issues of course, just not following the (very basic) CSS.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Stiluslap Teszt Konyv - Szirti Vakond.epub (62.5 KB, 315 views)
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
o

Hi

Thank you for your fine test example.

I displayed your EPUB on my PW3 using Koreader. Nearly everything displayed fine* provided the "integrated" style was activated. So the defects you were speaking of may be Android related.

v2015.11-587-ga55a987

*including vertical-align, monospace and italic fonts, first letter, tables, image display, text-align (left, right, center), etc.

Not correctly displayed: font-variant:smallcaps, negative indents (? I join a screenshot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2016-Sep-04_225601.png
Views:	392
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	151387  

Last edited by roger64; 09-04-2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: edits: smallcaps
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote