Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2023, 08:54 PM   #1
wrathofthomas
wrathofthomas began at the beginning.

Device: None
Kindle Basic 11th Gen (2022), can it be jailbroken?

I have tried all the search queries I can think of in the kindle thread and looked in the wiki, but I can't find a definitive answer to this. Can someone help please?
I am talking about the latest version of the Kindle basic model, Comes in Denim Blue and Black.

Is it a function of the firmware or the hardware or both?
For instance I see lots of tutorials for jailbreaking <5.14.2, does this model even come in a firmware that low? or can it be downgraded?

Honestly I can't even find what the "identifier" or common name for this device is on the forums. KT5? K8gen? KB11? This makes it hard to find any info.

Thanks
wrathofthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 09:44 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Go to Settings -> All Settings -> Setitngs -> Device info
to get firmware version and Serial Number

Use your serial number and the URL below to determine your precise model
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2023, 11:01 PM   #3
wrathofthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Go to Settings -> All Settings -> Setitngs -> Device info
to get firmware version and Serial Number

Use your serial number and the URL below to determine your precise model
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
The wiki I mentioned above is exactly that one.
And I didn't see the model number on that page, unless I missed it.
G092AQ03240502P7

Thanks though!

It's not a mystery model. It's just the latest basic kindle.
Does anyone know if it can be jailbroken? Please see my question above.

Much appreciated.
Old 08-21-2023, 12:40 AM   #4
leifan89
Enthusiast
leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage, Hisense A9, reMarkable 2
Very unlikely unless you have a firmware version at or below 5.14.2.

You cannot downgrade firmware versions.
leifan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 09:55 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
if you buy a new PW5, you cannot jailbreak it as it has too new a firmware version to be jailbroken. And that was noticed back in January 2023 on a device bought in December 2022.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2023, 10:36 PM   #6
waka
waka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I'm afraid you can't jailbreak it now. The firmware is quite recent, and it tries to update to the latest version as soon as you connect wi-fi.
But in fact you don't have to jailbreak it to read books normally.
waka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 12:40 AM   #7
wrathofthomas

Thanks everyone!