Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-01-2022, 04:08 PM   #1
MrE
MrE began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Pro
Boox Note Air 2 – A stylus downgrade?

Hi all

So I come from a Boox Note Pro, which I used for a couple of years but sadly lost – and I loved the stylus because it had a button and an eraser. I mostly read and scribble on PDFs, and when I made a mistake, I could erase the strokes quickly and conveniently.

To replace my lost Note Pro, I recently got a Note Air 2, and while it's certainly an upgrade overall, I can't shed the feeling that the stylus is a massive downgrade. Sure, it has a nice feel and grip, but the lack of eraser button is such a change. Erasing a misplaced line is simply much more cumbersome, as I need to navigate menu to select the eraser, remove the drawing, and switch back to the pen tool.

So my question is: who has similar experience? Do you share my feeling it is a downgrade? Should I get another stylus? Am I missing something?

Cheers
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:33 PM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Yeah it kinda is. Fortunately you can just get a third party stylus with an eraser or eraser button like a Samsung S-pen or Steadler Jumbo digital and it'll work just fine. I think they mainly did it for looks.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2022, 09:11 AM   #3
MrE
MrE began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Yeah it kinda is. Fortunately you can just get a third party stylus with an eraser or eraser button like a Samsung S-pen or Steadler Jumbo digital and it'll work just fine. I think they mainly did it for looks.
I'll check those out. Yet another expense though. And I guess I'll also need a new case to carry reader & pen together...
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 02:27 PM   #4
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
I use Jumbo with Air2 but I don’t like rubber’ish feeling when writing. But eraser is a must have for me, i just hate that i have to use menu with original stylus
hel is offline   Reply With Quote