Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #46
Jenga5238
Enthusiast
Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle, iPhone
Thanks TubeMonkey! I also cancelled my $1.95 promo, and got the two credit option! I am really impressed by the regular offers of audible credits that this forum finds! I've been able to gather quite a few credits and free offers thanks to this group! Thanks again!
Old 09-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Looks like not everyone can be so lucky...

Bummer; sorry to hear that. I was pleasantly shocked when I got that Platinum deal less than a minute after cancelling a Gold membership. Go figure.
Advert
Old 09-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens80 View Post
Audible promotes this incentive for new customers through its sponsorships of many podcasts.
The thing is, I'm not a new customer. I've been an Audible member since May 2011. These deals are always a YMMV type of thing. Most of the time I don't get them, but every now and then I luck out.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga5238 View Post
Thanks TubeMonkey! I also cancelled my $1.95 promo, and got the two credit option! I am really impressed by the regular offers of audible credits that this forum finds! I've been able to gather quite a few credits and free offers thanks to this group! Thanks again!
YW; glad we could help.

...and welcome to the group. Don't be a stranger.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #50
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

I had the 3 month $1.95 CNET promo. Last week, I cancelled the day before I was to be charged full price. Immediately after cancelling that promo, I successfully signed up for the TWiT Platinum promo. I now have two free credits.
Tubemonkey, when you do all these cancellations and rejoinings, what happens to your Audible library? Is it still accessible when you're not a member? If not, do you get access again to previous downloads when you rejoin? Or is it a fresh slate each time?
Advert
Old 09-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Tubemonkey, when you do all these cancellations and rejoinings, what happens to your Audible library? Is it still accessible when you're not a member? If not, do you get access again to previous downloads when you rejoin? Or is it a fresh slate each time?
My library stays intact and I always have access to it, even when I'm not a member. I've never lost access to it, nor have they ever deleted my previous purchases.

Quote:
If I cancel my membership, what happens to my previously purchased content?

You will still be able to access all of your previously purchased content, even after you cancel your membership. This is due to the fact that your username and password will remain active, so you can still log in and access your online library either from the Audible.com full site or any of our mobile applications.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #52
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My library stays intact and I always have access to it, even when I'm not a member. I've never lost access to it, nor have they ever deleted my previous purchases.
Ah, OK, thank you. (Note to self: Read the membership terms once in a while.)

I'm in the midst of a series and need more credits. I think I'm going try canceling and rejoining.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Ah, OK, thank you. (Note to self: Read the membership terms once in a while.)

I'm in the midst of a series and need more credits. I think I'm going try canceling and rejoining.
YW; but when you do, be sure and check the OP for a list of active membership offers

Membership Offers - Active
Old 09-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #54
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
YW; but when you do, be sure and check the OP for a list of active membership offers
I just used up existing credits, immediately got a "surprise sale" offering a small (and unappealing) selection of books for $4.95; also now am getting a "buy 3 credits" for 20 percent discount offer. The sale expired immediately when I left the page, but the credit discount offer remains.

Haven't canceled yet. Trying to figure out the maximum advantage.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #55
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I just used up existing credits, immediately got a "surprise sale" offering a small (and unappealing) selection of books for $4.95; also now am getting a "buy 3 credits" for 20 percent discount offer. The sale expired immediately when I left the page, but the credit discount offer remains.

Haven't canceled yet. Trying to figure out the maximum advantage.
Yeah, I kept getting page after page of enticements as I was cancelling to keep me as a member, but I kept rejecting them and they finally let me go. Then I immediately signed up for the TWiT Platinum offer and got it. Color me surprised.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #56
Athens80
Connoisseur
Athens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
The thing is, I'm not a new customer. I've been an Audible member since May 2011. These deals are always a YMMV type of thing. Most of the time I don't get them, but every now and then I luck out.
The main thing I'm suggesting is that there are scores, if not hundreds of these offers continuously. Many of the podcasts I listen to have been sponsored by Audible for long periods. TWiT alone has scads of different podcasts sponsored by Audible. At least in recent years they all had different offer URLs at audible.com.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #57
Brendan Moody
Groupie
Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Moody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Fire HD 8.9 4G LTE, LG Ultimate 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post

I'm a bit disappointed I was hoping for a spend x amount of credits get a voucher type sale, I have currently have 4 credit and a few titles I want but have been hanging back waiting for a promotion. is there any pattern to the deals?
It looks like they're doing one of those sales at the moment; I just got an e-mail with a "use 4 credits, get $10" offer. From the small print in the e-mail:
Quote:
You received this offer because you had at least 4 credits in your account as of September 21, 2014. You must use 4 or more credits by September 28th, 2014, 11:59 PM ET (US). The promotion applies only to items sold by audible.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g., audible.co.uk) do not qualify. Coupons cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other Audible account, except where required by law. This promotion may not be combined with other offers. An Audible account required is to eligible for this promotion. Limit one reward per customer. Your coupon for $10 USD will be dropped into your account no later than October 6, 2014.
No idea if it'll work for people who didn't get the e-mail.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #58
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Bummer; sorry to hear that. I was pleasantly shocked when I got that Platinum deal less than a minute after cancelling a Gold membership. Go figure.
I ended my KU 30 days about a week ago. Sometimes these work for me but most of the time not. Thanks for the heads-up regardless.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens80 View Post
The main thing I'm suggesting is that there are scores, if not hundreds of these offers continuously. Many of the podcasts I listen to have been sponsored by Audible for long periods. TWiT alone has scads of different podcasts sponsored by Audible. At least in recent years they all had different offer URLs at audible.com.
Yeah, I know. They have these offers scattered all over the place. Most of the time previous members are excluded, but every now and then they'll qualify. Just a matter of time.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #60
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I ended my KU 30 days about a week ago. Sometimes these work for me but most of the time not. Thanks for the heads-up regardless.
Most of the time I'm out of luck too. But hey, keep trying. You never know when you'll luck out.
Closed Thread

Tags
audible