Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-02-2021, 10:58 PM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Google Play apps don't show up in Apps

HI all

Just got my color Boox Nova today, trying it out to see if I want to switch from my Kindle Oasis. I'll say it's not as good for pure book reading but I like the versatility of being able to put apps like Pocket and Shortform on it. I'm pretty disappointed with the color; it's bad on images. I still need to see how it does with color diagrams which is the primary reason I wanted it. Overall I am tending towards keeping it thus far, although I'll miss my page turn buttons.

However, I have a problem. I enabled Google Play Services, which is how I managed to get Shortform installed (as well as Moon Reader Pro which I own). Those apps don't show up in the Apps view though; the only way I can launch them is to go to the Play Store, look for My Installed Apps, and launch them from there, which is a real drag. Is this a known limitation or is there a fix for this?

Last edited by geekraver; 04-03-2021 at 12:46 AM.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:43 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver View Post
Just got my color Boox Note today
I do not know such a device
Quote:
(as well as Moon Reader Pro which I own). Those apps don't show up in the Apps view though;
Look on the second page
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2021, 12:48 AM   #3
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Boox Nova, sorry. Still internalizing the device name.

There is no second page. Even the first page is not full.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0785.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	186343  

Last edited by geekraver; 04-03-2021 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2021, 03:17 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
There is no second page. Even the first page is not full.
Then I don't know - on my Nova 2 there are no problems with Moon Reader Pro
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:47 AM   #5
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Did you try rebooting?
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2021, 07:44 AM   #6
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Pretty strange the app does not appear.
If you long press an epub/pdf and choose "open with", is Moon Reader Pro listed?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:23 AM   #7
geekraver
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4H35H View Post
Did you try rebooting?
Multiple times. :-(
Old 04-03-2021, 02:08 PM   #8
Gary_O
Gary_O began at the beginning.

Device: Supernote A5X, Onyx Book Note 3, Mobiscribe (v1)
Do you have an alternative launcher app installed (like Nova, Smart Launcher, etc.)? I have found that if you do have an alternative launcher installed and you install apps while that launcher is active, then those apps may NOT appear in the Onyx default launcher home screen(s).
Gary_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:25 PM   #9
geekraver
Addict

I ended up doing a factory reset and starting over and the second time the apps did show up. I heard from someone else who had the same problem so there must be a way to get things in a bad state.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:53 AM   #10
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
I ended up doing a factory reset and starting over and the second time the apps did show up. I heard from someone else who had the same problem so there must be a way to get things in a bad state.
Thank you so much for posting this information. I had the exact same experience with my downloaded apps not showing up in the Apps section on the device. I have never before experienced that with a Boox device and I have a good few of them.

As for me, I ended up having to do about three factory resets before I could get things working properly. I also then installed each app individually before attempting to install another. It was a bit more laborious than what I have been used to, but it worked. Can't wait until the weekend to really play around with it.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote