Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2019, 05:28 PM   #1
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Kindle 1 (1st Generation) Battery

I'm looking for a replacement battery for an old original Kindle that's still in service.
I know newpower99 has these, but they are $25. A quick google shows people selling then from $10-30. I don't understand why there is such a spread on pricing.

Can anyone recommend a reliable dealer that maybe isn't double the price like newpower99?
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Considering that Sprint seems to be discontinuing their 2g and 3g networks, which is what the kindle 1 is using (and given the reports of kindles that use Sprint completely losing network connectivity, they already have in some areas), it might not be worth buying a new battery, just saying.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2019, 06:24 PM   #3
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

We side load books, so we probably wouldn't notice.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
I'm looking for a replacement battery for an old original Kindle that's still in service.
I know newpower99 has these, but they are $25. A quick google shows people selling then from $10-30. I don't understand why there is such a spread on pricing.

Can anyone recommend a reliable dealer that maybe isn't double the price like newpower99?
I ordered somewhere else for about $20 and while the replacement battery is better than the old one, it seems to lack stamina (battery drains in a couple of weeks even with it turned off). As I understand it if the battery doesn’t get charged up every few months it won’t perform as new. I think this one just sat in its blister pack for a few years before I bought it.

But I bought my Kindle 1 used so I don’t know how the original battery performed.

newpower99 seems to have a good reputation; I would probably try them if and when I need a battery for my K1 or K3.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:32 AM   #5
DoctorM
Groupie

Sounds like the last answer anyone has. Thanks tomsem.
Advert