Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-05-2023, 05:13 AM   #16
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I never timed mine before but I recognized it as too long.
If you ever connected to the UART you could see the message like the title of this thread.
There's a separate 5 second wait, but I don't see it on mine.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:09 AM   #17
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
Did I unlock bootloader on Leaf 2 before rooting? I don't remember doing it. Boot takes about 35 seconds.
popej is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2023, 09:49 AM   #18
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by popej View Post
Did I unlock bootloader on Leaf 2 before rooting?
I don't know.
I don't know if bootloader unlock ties in with EDL functionality.
I know whether unlocking (and even locking?) wipes user data.

I think it may be more related to dm-verity.
Usually? Magisk doesn't touch that.
If you're still using stock init and a modified boot image then you have to defeat it.

In short, if your boot takes under 40 seconds there's no way it's doing a 30 second wait.

Last edited by Renate; 02-06-2023 at 09:53 AM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 01:55 PM   #19
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by popej View Post
Did I unlock bootloader on Leaf 2 before rooting? I don't remember doing it. Boot takes about 35 seconds.
No we didn't the bootloader on the Leaf 2 was already unlocked.

You can always check with:
Quote:
fastboot oem device-info
fastboot getvar unlocked
We still don't have a working EDL loader for the Leaf 2 though, so it's quite risky.

In about 2 weeks I have more time to try some loaders. I should be practicing programming anyway so I will try to make a script to reboot the device to EDL and loop through a folder containing loaders.
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abl unlocked