Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-05-2015, 05:40 AM   #61
ZeKK
Enthusiast
ZeKK began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I am very interesting for the end of 2015 eink screen 13.3 too use the web browser.
the screen is too small with m96 for many website.

i think in france, germany, uk and usa administrative scretaries and accountants will be interested by a second screen in eink that can run a excel software, it's a big market.

i am trying too learn programmation in javascript with a eink m96 and that work very well, and i have less eye strain.

Last edited by ZeKK; 04-05-2015 at 05:44 AM.
ZeKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:34 AM   #62
ZeKK
Enthusiast

Finally, with the app "Notification Toggle" we can rotate the screen and it's better to use web browser

and there is a another option usefull we can see the apps used in background and disabled them to save battery life.
Advert
Old 04-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #63
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I'm waiting very impatiently for the multitude of 13" ereaders.It's looking likley that by the end of the year we will have 1 or 2 models with Android surface. Here's hoping we won't have to wait until end of the year and perhaps this summer?
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #64
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
A 13.3" e-ink device that doubles as a monitor will sell. Bring it on.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:28 AM   #65
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
The requirements for the two are actually rather different.

For an eInk monitor for a PC you're going to want a fast refresh rate, and that necessitates using a screen controller that uses a lot more power than the versions used for battery-powered reading devices.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #66
ZeKK
Enthusiast

For an eInk monitor for a PC i m interesting too even, if the price is very expensive if i can work a lot without destroy my eyes.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:59 AM   #67
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKK View Post
For an eInk monitor for a PC i m interesting too even, if the price is very expensive if i can work a lot without destroy my eyes.
Have you tried certified 'flicker free' and 'low blue light' monitor's? Also a monitor with no dithering can help. There's alot of new monitors that have been tuned to help with eye fatigue etc.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #68
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Any 13.3" e-ink device will sell. There's none except of limited availability of Sony's DPT-S1 in US & Japan.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:34 AM   #69
fuli42
fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.

Device: Bokeen Odyssey, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx M96, Onyx i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90 View Post
Have you tried certified 'flicker free' and 'low blue light' monitor's? Also a monitor with no dithering can help. There's alot of new monitors that have been tuned to help with eye fatigue etc.
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know about the flicker free monitors! I think I'm going to get one.
Are they really as good as advertised? What does "no dithering" mean?
fuli42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #70
Jason90
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuli42 View Post
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know about the flicker free monitors! I think I'm going to get one.
Are they really as good as advertised? What does "no dithering" mean?
Pulse width modulation (pwm) is the no. 1 cause of eye fatigue, monitors with direct current (dc) are much better, they still use back lights of course but if your susceptible to pwm it will make a world of difference, might be a good Idea to pop into your local computer shop and ask to see if they have any monitors on display that are flicker free.

Dithering refers to the way the display displays colour, 8 bit monitors are in general 6 bit + dithering, it ends up being a cheaper way to produce monitors and they can class them as a higher bit colour than they actually are, again some people are suspectable to it and annoys them, but our eyes are all different, it could make a difference for you but I couldn't say 100%. If your on the lookout. For a new monitor anyway you should look out for these 3 things, flicker free, has a low blue light mode often classed as a reading mode and full 6 or 8 bit colour with no dithering.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:34 AM   #71
fuli42
fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.

Device: Bokeen Odyssey, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx M96, Onyx i86
Ok thanks Jason for you help!

I've found two Dell monitors that match those criteria. There's one 24" model (P2415Q) that has a "retina" screen (4K) but I would only be able to run it at 30Hz with my laptop. Do you think that 30Hz is more tiring for the eyes?
fuli42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:39 AM   #72
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuli42 View Post
Ok thanks Jason for you help!

I've found two Dell monitors that match those criteria. There's one 24" model (P2415Q) that has a "retina" screen (4K) but I would only be able to run it at 30Hz with my laptop. Do you think that 30Hz is more tiring for the eyes?
Unless you're using it for things like video games, refresh rate is entirely irrelevant for an LCD monitor, because it's a steady image, unlike a CRT.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:29 AM   #73
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Answer from Onyx Support

Quote:
Hi,
we are sorry but we don’t plan to relase 13,3 inch e-book at the moment.

Best regards
Beata
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:42 AM   #74
pureaxis
pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pureaxis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Hanvon D31, Onyx i86ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Answer from Onyx Support
Onyx on their Chinese site confirmed the 13.3 is in development.
pureaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #75
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureaxis View Post
Onyx on their Chinese site confirmed the 13.3 is in development.
Well. Still there don't seem to be plans to release it any time soon.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote