Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 03:23 AM   #46
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
First things I notice is that a bug screws up bookmarks in ePub - setting them all to page one. Also, it reconfigures all the controls in Coolreader again - this time with no way to get to the main menu. Luckily 'OK' takes you to the settings menu, and this let's you redefine the controls to get the main menu back again.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:12 AM   #47
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
First things I notice is that a bug screws up bookmarks in ePub - setting them all to page one. Also, it reconfigures all the controls in Coolreader again - this time with no way to get to the main menu. Luckily 'OK' takes you to the settings menu, and this let's you redefine the controls to get the main menu back again.
Are you using CoolReader or ADE for EPUB?
I do not usually read EPUB, so I can not comment on that.

As far as your menu situation is concerned it seems like your CONTROL settings are misconfigured compared to what you would like. I was using CoolReader 3.0.30 before this firmware, but I think CoolReader 3.0.30 has several new controls added, and that may have shifted some of the settings that you have come to expect. If you want OK to jump to the main menu for a short press, then just "make it so" in the control settings. Then you can configure LONG OK to take you directly to settings menu if that is what you want.

OOPS!!! I just re-read your post at already and saw that you had already done what I was suggesting. Now, I am again wondering how your keymap got altered. Do you have a keymaps.ini file in your /crengine folder? I just looked at mine and the file date was not altered by the install so all my mappings also remained unaltered.

Last edited by Dave_S; 05-31-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: MISREAD THE END OF JUSMEE'S post.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 08:05 AM   #48
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using Coolreader for ePub.

I have a cr3-epub.ini that has some keymap.main entries, but no keymaps.ini. It is dated 31st May, but I suspect that's because I remapped the OK button just before.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:52 AM   #49
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Using Coolreader for ePub.

I have a cr3-epub.ini that has some keymap.main entries, but no keymaps.ini. It is dated 31st May, but I suspect that's because I remapped the OK button just before.
Yes, the date changes when you modify the settings in CoolReader, and it will even be the correct date if you keep the clock set correctly. I have some general CR3 *.ini files in my /crengine folder, but the book format specific ones may be more current now days. In any case, non of my settings changed when I installed the 531 update. If you are interested, I got the *.ini files from Sourceforge at this link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...ar.gz/download
Old 05-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #50
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Hooray for Buggins, I was proven wrong, a new firmware update already, and it seems like this one is a keeper. I feel like its Christmas over and over again...I am actually jealous, all these talented people on this forum and the Russian forum and all I can do is flash the firmware to my PP :-(
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 01:27 PM   #51
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
Hooray for Buggins, I was proven wrong, a new firmware update already, and it seems like this one is a keeper. I feel like its Christmas over and over again...I am actually jealous, all these talented people on this forum and the Russian forum and all I can do is flash the firmware to my PP :-(
this may be obvious to others, but this is cr3 only right no need to flash the entire pocket pro right?

just replace the cr3 file on the sd card with this baby right?

thanks dave.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #52
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
this may be obvious to others, but this is cr3 only right no need to flash the entire pocket pro right?

just replace the cr3 file on the sd card with this baby right?
The link that I posted in post #44 of this thread is for a full firmware re-flash of the PocketPRO. The link that I posted in post #25 of this thread is for just a CoolReader only replacement to be put in the /.cr3 folder. CoolReader will launch it's replacement whenever the built-in CoolReader is started. The CoolReader replacement method apparently can only be used by some of the later Lbook firmware, since the Astak firmware appears to be too old to have this new capability. Currently both methods will result in CoolReader version 3.0.30 being run, so there really is no reason at present to use the CoolReader replacement method?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #53
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
i think this one is still being tested by users.. someone reported no usb connection to Mac.
its here if anyone wants to try it out:
http://files.mail.ru/3TEE3Q

i will install it tonight and report back!

ps dont feel guilty... we can act like guinea pigs.. an essential part of any research!
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #54
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Definitely a keeper. The 0531 firmware is nice and fast.

As far as not being recognized by USB, I haven't tested because I use a SDHC so it's a non-issue.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #55
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Mm, anybody noticed a battery / battery indicator issue with the 531 version? Quit reading last night at 3 bars and woke up to a completely drained battery...
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #56
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Mm, anybody noticed a battery / battery indicator issue with the 531 version? Quit reading last night at 3 bars and woke up to a completely drained battery...
Mine is at 3 bars here, but I do not recall where it was at when I put 531 on it. Keep an eye on the Russian forum to see if anyone else reports a similar issue, since it is possible that with all these changes the power management has developed a bug.

FWIW, Buggins has confirmed one bug with 531 that may even be relevant. He has found that if you pick through a lot of font files that CoolReader will read the fonts all into memory and then no longer release the memory. That eventually causes an out of memory condition and a system crash. The reason that I think that it may be relevant is that if the system crashes the processor and other electronics are going to be left in a running state instead of a sleep state and the battery will be depleted in just a few hours.
Normally a watchdog timer would reset the system and restart it, but it is not uncommon to keep that feature disabled in development versions of firmware.

Last edited by Dave_S; 06-01-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: ADD watchdog timer comment
Old 06-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #57
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
^So is 513 is still the best then? Does anyone have a link for the 513 firmware?

Never mind I found the link for 513...Just saving it, not sure Im gonna use it. I don't really understand most of stuff about this firmware.

if you flash the .bin file, what are those crengine, ini files means. And those LibDjvu. And why do you need it? I thought you just need that v5setup.bin and everything's fine...why do you put crengine in root memory? I've been browsing thru and reading...And it hurts my poor brain.

I'm hoping someone will take pity and explain....Thank you.

Last edited by diokdin; 06-01-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added more comments
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #58
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Yep. Mine is down to 2 bars after about a day of mostly just sitting in my sock drawer I have left it and I will see what it is showing when I get home tonight.

Back to the earlier versions I fear.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #59
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
I put the 513 but it won't open any of my books. What did I miss?

Well, lbook firmware does look good and faster clicks but since I don't know how to operate this thing I guess I'll just stick with Astak firmware. Also it's no use if my books don't open, it's just a few of them that will. And fonts size is sooo small. I vaguely understand a little that I have to configure all those cr3-epub etc... I just want it ready, and maybe few tweaks.... anyway, maybe I'll try again when I got more time in tinkering these things....

Last edited by diokdin; 06-01-2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added more comment...
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #60
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
can also confirm battery drain. From full to 2 bars in one day... no good.
off to the russian forum to check whats happening with that.

edited to add: no mention of the battery drain issue on The-eBook forum yet... have actually registered there and posted the question.
hope this gets resolved as i am really liking this version... very fast and responsive.

Last edited by SmartyPants; 06-01-2010 at 10:34 PM.
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote