Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 04-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #46
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I don't intend to criticize a particular nomination on its merits, but I could wish for fewer repeat authors among the selections. Already this year, Wharton and Steinbeck are repeats and Lehane would be a third; that is, half the selections so far have been repeat authors and Lehane would bump that up to 60%.

There are so many books and authors; I like to think of the book club choices as expanding horizons and not just as retreads.
I will excuse myself from criticism as I have never read Lehane. Actually, until I read this, I had forgotten that he had been a book club read previously.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:43 PM   #47
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Graham Greene - books in the key of awesome.
Advert
Old 04-24-2015, 12:55 AM   #48
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Hmmm....

This is what I see when I follow that link:
You have to log in with a Canadian account to see it. Kobo doesn't pay attention to what is in the URL, but which country your account is in.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #49
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I think you are making it worse.
LOL! Maybe. Well, it was something a little different to nominate anyway. The story of a man who wakes up with amnesia who presumably left a note for himself and has a doctor "helping" him, who has to try to find out what is going on? Call me crazy, but I think that sounds interesting!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:52 PM   #50
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
If a book is interesting, I'm willing to read it in the handiest format for me. Even paper.
This. Many times over. It's why I'm able to read any of the selections at all. I just couldn't afford the bookclub if I didn't rely on paper and my library for the titles.

Although I think we do have a rule that we try to make our nominations as widely available in e format as is possible, I won't fault anyone for only checking their own country for availability.

The global marketplace is certainly rather local at times.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2015, 01:02 AM   #51
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Although I think we do have a rule that we try to make our nominations as widely available in e format as is possible, I won't fault anyone for only checking their own country for availability.

The global marketplace is certainly rather local at times.
Agreed.