Notices

Old 11-19-2023, 10:21 AM   #271
sh2sg
sh2sg began at the beginning.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Welcome to MR!

Read the previous page. I included a step-by-step on how to fix it.
Thank you, does that still work if 2 devices are signing with different Apple ID?
sh2sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 02:25 PM   #272
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I don’t think so. I think they need to be the same ID. You may be able to do it if both IDs are on family sharing.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2023, 04:25 AM   #273
witchkitten
Enthusiast
witchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I'm probably going to continue using Marvin until the bitter end but I see the writing on the wall. I know at some point an update is going to break the app or I'm not going to figure out how to transfer it to a new device once I get one. Does anyone know of any e-reading software for the iPad that meets the following criteria:

1) Detailed customization of font size, line height, and margins. I don't need to be able to import my own fonts but one of the existing fonts needs to look similar to Georgia or serif from Moon+ Reader Pro. I'd also like the ability to justify the text with hyphenation.

2) Displays reading progress at the top or bottom of the page in terms of the progress through the chapter at all times. It can be number of pages left in the chapter like Marvin or the total number of pages in the chapter and which page I'm on like Moon+ Reader. The pages also must be dynamic page numbers (actual page turns). I had a Nook many years ago that used static page numbers and it was useless. I would also like the percentage through the book either displayed with the progress through the chapter or easily visible like with Marvin where it's one tap at the top of the screen.

3) No page turn animation. I don't like scrolling either. I want to tap and just have the next page appear.

4) No visible progress bar at the top or bottom of the page while reading. I find them super distracting.

5) The current time visible while reading.

BookFusion is almost there but you have to tap on the page to see the number of pages left in the chapter and the current time. If the option becomes available to have them visible at all times without the progress bar, and the margins become more customizable I think that one would meet my needs. MapleRead refuses to calculate the pages left in the chapter for the test book I have. It tells me what page I'm on in the book or the percentage through the book but even though I've selected in the settings that I want to know the number of pages in the chapter it won't show me. Also, there's no way to get rid of the page turn animation. Even in the Modern setting the pages still slide. I've tried five or six other apps but they were so far off the mark they're not even worth mentioning. I wish the developer of Moon+ Reader Pro would port the app for the Apple ecosystem.

Any help would be appreciated.
witchkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 04:35 AM   #274
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
BookFusion has incorrect page numbers. 100% incorrect. The author refuses to fix it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 09:36 AM   #275
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
BookFusion has incorrect page numbers. 100% incorrect. The author refuses to fix it.
Translation: They don't do it the way Jon likes to have it done...
Advert
Old 11-23-2023, 10:04 AM   #276
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Translation: They don't do it the way Jon likes to have it done...
No, it's done incorrectly. If you have a 10 screen chapter, the first page number should be 10. It should not be 9 with the last page showing last page as the last page number of the chapter. That's 100% wrong. That means I have to do the math every time I look at the page number.
Old 11-23-2023, 03:29 PM   #277
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

So they are simply showing how many pages left in the chapter. Not wrong, just not what you like.

I agree that is not how I would prefer… I like Marvin because it gives multiple options on what/how to display.
Old 11-23-2023, 03:51 PM   #278
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
So they are simply showing how many pages left in the chapter. Not wrong, just not what you like.

I agree that is not how I would prefer… I like Marvin because it gives multiple options on what/how to display.
It's not a matter of liking or not. It's a matter of being wrong. A 10 page chapter should show there are 10 pages int he chapter and not 9 pages.
Old 11-23-2023, 08:56 PM   #279
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

When you are counting down and displaying the number of pages remaining in the chapter then that is exactly how you do it.

If there are 10 pages, and you are on the first page, then there are 9 pages to go…. When you are on the last page there are 0 pages to go… and they display “last page” instead of 0 pages remaining…

Makes perfect sense…

Again, not what I prefer…and obviously not what you prefer… but not wrong.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM   #280
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
When you are counting down and displaying the number of pages remaining in the chapter then that is exactly how you do it.

If there are 10 pages, and you are on the first page, then there are 9 pages to go…. When you are on the last page there are 0 pages to go… and they display “last page” instead of 0 pages remaining…

Makes perfect sense…

Again, not what I prefer…and obviously not what you prefer… but not wrong.
When you turn to chapter 2 and there are 10 pages and you've read none of them, you want to see that there are 10 pages to go. There are not 9 pages to go. You are reading 10 pages. You are not reading 9 pages. Pages do not have a 0. The lowest number is 1.
Old 11-24-2023, 09:44 AM   #281
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Jon - as I said - that is your preference. That doesn’t make their implementation "wrong."
Old 11-24-2023, 10:53 AM   #282
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Jon - as I said - that is your preference. That doesn’t make their implementation "wrong."
Yes it does because it is wrong. 9 pages is not a 10 page chapter.
Old 11-24-2023, 03:12 PM   #283
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

You are being intentionally obtuse just so you can argue.
Old 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM   #284
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
You are being intentionally obtuse just so you can argue.
I'm being accurate. 10 pages is 10 pages, not 9.
Old 11-24-2023, 03:33 PM   #285
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

If they are showing “how many pages REMAINING” then it would show 9…

But I’m done with this argument. I give you permission to have the last word… just remember, no matter what you say, you are still wrong.