Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-07-2024, 07:28 PM   #1
ehbowen
ehbowen began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm Trying To Correct Errors for a Draft2Digital Upload

My new book...my first e-book...is coming out next month. That is, if I can get the ePub file to upload without errors...!

I used a professional freelancer to format the book, but I had to make a few minor changes (mainly the copyright page) after he finished. Somewhere along the way it looks as if I lost the fonts cache; after I got persistent errors I checked and found that, while the files were there, they were empty.

I replaced them from my local working fonts directory, then had to work through an error caused by a case mismatch in the font name between the style sheet and the actual font file. Now the book passes epubcheck on my local machine...but I still get the same error when I try to upload it to Draft2Digital (attempting to insert screenshot image):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 18-22-35 Draft2Digital Epub Validator.png
Views:	61
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	207411

The font files are all in the ePub in the Fonts folder; I just haven't been able to track down this META-INF/encryption.xml file or how to correct it. Soliciting help.

By The Way, my body text font family (TeXGyrePagella) is free for commercial use (verified with the actual font creator as well as download site 1001fonts.com) and my display text font (Brilon) is properly licensed for e-book use from the type foundry.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-07-2024 at 08:26 PM.
ehbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 07:40 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
This is really an epub issue not a Sigil Issue. Please ask your question there. My guess is the encryption.xml uses "font" as the folder name when in fact you have placed them in a folder called "Font" or "Fonts".

If you added the fonts in Sigil, it would create the encryption.xml if you told Sigil to obfuscate those fonts. My guess is you have added those replacement font files in some other manner.

The people in the epub forum hereare sure to help.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2024, 05:50 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The simple solution is to remove the fonts and all references. You don't need the fonts. The users don't want them. Let the software in use use the default font or the user to change the font if the software allows it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
draft2digital, error, fonts, meta-inf/container