Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-06-2024, 01:20 AM   #1
xhaydenx
xhaydenx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Converting to Kepub with Calibre doubles the page count.

Hi.

I've got a Kobo Clara HD and I use a Calibre to manage all my Epubs. I convert them in Calibre to Kepub and then transfer them over.

One issue I'm having with some epubs is that the page count on the Clara is wrong. With some books it's doubled for some reason. So, something that is 500 pages shows up incorrectly as 1000 pages.

Any idea what is causing this?
xhaydenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 05:06 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhaydenx View Post
Hi.

I've got a Kobo Clara HD and I use a Calibre to manage all my Epubs. I convert them in Calibre to Kepub and then transfer them over.

One issue I'm having with some epubs is that the page count on the Clara is wrong. With some books it's doubled for some reason. So, something that is 500 pages shows up incorrectly as 1000 pages.

Any idea what is causing this?
Epubs use the Adobe algorithm for page numbering. Kepubs use 1 screen = 1 page (roughly). And the screen of the Clara is pretty small, so... Plus the number of screens in a book depends on the size of your font, margins and line height. Adobe page numbering doesn't depend on those things.

I have a much smaller difference between epub and kepub page numbering on my 8" Sage, for example. I also use a smallish font size and tight line height.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote