Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
Nomado
Nomado began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
PW2 - Can't share after last update

So before last update I could use Quality check plug-in to Fix ASIN so that on kindle I could share passage to Goodreads or Facebook. But after last update, I no longer can. Share button is grayed out. Is there any solution to this?
Nomado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:14 AM   #2
dzoulias
dzoulias began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 WiFi 6"
Same issue

Same here.

Share progress is disabled for sideloaded books with propery fixed ASIN using the quality check plugin, converted to AZW3.

Anyone else?
dzoulias is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2016, 01:17 AM   #3
Nomado

Yeah anyone has solutions to this?
Old 04-09-2016, 03:47 AM   #4
dzoulias

Will this be added to a list or something? Should i keep bumping? I do not know if i will be breaking any rule.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
No. Do not keep bumping this thread.

If someone wants to reply, then someone will.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Are you sure sharing is still turned on?
Are you still logged in at all three places?
Otherwise no clues.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #7
Nomado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Are you sure sharing is still turned on?
Are you still logged in at all three places?
Otherwise no clues.
I am logged into FB, Goodreads, Twitter. I can change reading progress on GR. Just can't share quotes.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomado View Post
I am logged into FB, Goodreads, Twitter. I can change reading progress on GR. Just can't share quotes.
Where is this share button?
And have you tried on more than one book?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #9
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I don't usually use the sharing feature, but I just tried it with a book sideloaded to Amazon's cloud, and it worked fine. It didn't work with a book sideloaded over USB cable, though.

I didn't do anything with the ASIN on either book, so I don't know if that would make it work for the USB loaded book (or not work for the cloud loaded book). I tried this on my Voyage running 5.7.3. I don't have a PW2 handy--it's out on loan right now. I can check it on my jailbroken PW3 that's on 5.7.2.1 if that would be any help.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:24 PM   #10
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
My guess is new firmware started doing the same thing that Kindle for Android is doing for show/hide of Sync button: the app keeps a database with list od ASINs associated with your Amazon account. IF book/ASIN is in your Cloud archive >>> show/enable the button, else hide/disable.
That's why valid ASIN is not enough.

You could check that theory by editing the ASIN for "problematic book" to match ASIN of any book that you bought from Amazon (or sent to Cloud archive) and re-send it to your Kindle.

My PW3 is still on fw 5.6.5 so I can't test that. I've tested the Android thing months ago...
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:58 AM   #11
dzoulias

Thank you. Will do what you suggest and post here.

Haven't sideloaded to amazon cloud. All books are sideloaded through USB.

Dimitris
Old 05-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #12
dzoulias

Does not work.

Tags
paperwhite, problem with share.