Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
madeinlisboa
Enjoy Life
madeinlisboa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Why not download covers based on size?

Instead of giving priorities to sources, why not download the covers based on a size threshold? eg. download covers with a height no less than 600px.
I'm getting very small covers most of the times when ther are others available.
madeinlisboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because some sources often have weird covers like an actual cover embedded inside a large rectangle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
madeinlisboa
Enjoy Life
madeinlisboa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Because some sources often have weird covers like an actual cover embedded inside a large rectangle.
Honestly, I would like to take that risk. I usually don't find that much.
madeinlisboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinlisboa View Post
Honestly, I would like to take that risk. I usually don't find that much.
Please don't make YOUR preference, My preference.

I prefer to hand pick each cover (not always the biggest. Also for the exact reason Kovid mentioned).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Please don't make YOUR preference, My preference.

I prefer to hand pick each cover (not always the biggest. Also for the exact reason Kovid mentioned).
I like the way we get to choose now, though I mostly favor Amazon covers
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I like the way we get to choose now, though I mostly favor Amazon covers
I think it runs 50/50 Amazon/Fantastic fiction (I like FF's color balance better)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote