Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-04-2024, 12:38 AM   #1501
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, i realized that. I should have elaborated but getting him to watch anything twice is oral surgery sans anesthesia. (Should not have mentioned that; having that tomorrow my own self, damn.)
The oral surgery or the oral surgery sans anaesthesia. The former is bad enough, the latter would need me to be dragged out from under the bed—screaming.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 04:25 AM   #1502
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I have been watching some shows that are not the kind that I enjoy:

Finished Alice and Jack Tuesday night. PBS Passport but also on my PBS station. I didn't like it at all but ended up sticking with it. Wednesday I watched The Beautiful Game (2024, Bill Nighy, about Homeless World Cup Soccer. (Netflix) and then I watched 1-1/2 episodes (of 3) of Testament: The Story of Moses on Netflix. I hope I don't have any dreams of snakes, plague of frogs and locusts when I go to sleep in a while.

I also finished watching Nolly (PBS Passport and my PBS station) Tuesday night.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2024, 07:56 AM   #1503
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, i realized that. I should have elaborated but getting him to watch anything twice is oral surgery sans anesthesia. (Should not have mentioned that; having that tomorrow my own self, damn.)
I'm not much of a re-watcher (or re-reader for that matter) myself. I would certainly need a good deal of time between re-watchings of a television series.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-04-2024 at 02:34 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 12:14 PM   #1504
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not much of re-watcher (or re-reader for that matter) myself. I would certainly need a good deal of time between re-watchings of a television series.
Exactly. Mr. H either, and honestly, while there are things I can watch and rewatch (yes yes yes, PERRY!), 99% of stuff, I can barely bring myself to sit through once. I've lost interest in a lot of the Acorn/Britbox stuff I used to watch...kind of a bummer, really. Like the Murdoch Mysteries, which I used to like but somewhere the past few years, meh.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 08:01 PM   #1505
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Finished a re-watch of Lewis - it held up quite well.

Now starting Netflix's new version of Ripley - with the marvelous Andrew Scott - filmed in glorious B&W.

@Hitch - I too do double viewings of foreign shows with subtitles - esp. the Astrid series - once I've read the dialogue I can then focus on the actors' faces on the rewatch - and fill in the dialogue from memory.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2024, 08:42 PM   #1506
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm not much of a re-watcher (or re-reader for that matter) myself. I would certainly need a good deal of time between re-watchings of a television series.
Same here - doesn't seem likely I'll live log enough to read every book I want to read for the first time. Fiction, that is - I have re-read science stuff in hopes of understanding it better. Same for TV/films, though I wouldn't rule out re-watching some series where I subsequently read the books they're based on. .

BTW, finished another very good Scottish thriller Payback - a few minor plot holes but kept me guessing to the end.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 09:24 PM   #1507
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
YouTube videos featuring anime characters made to look like real people via AI. Here's an example using characters from Naruto:

Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 11:23 PM   #1508
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Finished a re-watch of Lewis - it held up quite well.

Now starting Netflix's new version of Ripley - with the marvelous Andrew Scott - filmed in glorious B&W.

@Hitch - I too do double viewings of foreign shows with subtitles - esp. the Astrid series - once I've read the dialogue I can then focus on the actors' faces on the rewatch - and fill in the dialogue from memory.
The double-trouble challenge here--and I'm not making this up--is that Mr. H is literally face-blind, or near-as as makes no never mind. It's...an uphill battle, now that we're (cough) well-aged and some of "our" hearing has left the room (a lot, really. He has the world's most expensive gd hearing aids and he still struggles mightily, plus tinnitus) and...it's just difficult, that's all. I feel sorry for him.

Hitch
Old 04-05-2024, 12:38 AM   #1509
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
My spouse had developed a bad habit of pausing the show, reading the subtitles and then hitting play again. Well to me, it's a bad habit, to her, it's a necessity of life though it makes watching a 60 minute show take closer to 2 hours.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 01:23 PM   #1510
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
My spouse had developed a bad habit of pausing the show, reading the subtitles and then hitting play again. Well to me, it's a bad habit, to her, it's a necessity of life though it makes watching a 60 minute show take closer to 2 hours.
I tried to get Mr. H to use the "only on replay," thinking that would split the baby but his patience does not reach that point.

Hitch
Old 04-06-2024, 05:38 AM   #1511
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm watching Stranger Things. All the hype put me off starting it, but I'm rather enjoying it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 06:15 AM   #1512
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm watching Stranger Things. All the hype put me off starting it, but I'm rather enjoying it.
I confess it--I thought it was going to be absurd, too. And yup, it was, and yup, would I miss it now if I couldn't watch it? You betcha. The hype over the girl actress particularly can be off-putting, but to my mind, the boys steal the show. Actually, no, not just them. There's pretty brilliant casting and some solid writing to go 'round.

Hitch
Old 04-07-2024, 08:13 AM   #1513
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Star Trek S2E26 - Assignment: Earth

Yeah, this one's kinda... something. It makes a lot more sense when you realize that it's a pilot episode for a different (and never realized) series hastily rewritten to include the Star Trek characters.

Honestly, the crowning moment of this is Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock beaming down in civilian clothing into the middle of a military base that is launching a nuclear weapon (this is 1968 Cold War too -- time-travel episode) and being surprised that they're quickly arrested. I guess the scriptwriters couldn't figure out a better way to get them out of the way.

But hey, we get Spock holding a cat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-01-09-13h04m08s063.png
Views:	10
Size:	456.6 KB
ID:	207402

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-07-2024 at 08:15 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 08:41 AM   #1514
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Star Trek S2E26 - Assignment: Earth
Is this your first time watching through the OG Star-Trek series? Or a nostalgia binge?
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 12:36 PM   #1515
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Is this your first time watching through the OG Star-Trek series? Or a nostalgia binge?
Second time. The first time I watched in November, but between being very sick (one specific season-three episode gave me some very weird fever dreams ) and having no idea how to turn the closed-captions on, some of it was a bit lost to me.

Then I was sent the DVD set for Christmas (with subtitles) so I've been going through it again.

I've also been watching Next Generation and Voyager on CTV Sci-Fi channel. (Still can't figure out how to turn the captions on.)
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote