Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2024, 03:56 PM   #1
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
SD swap: Clara 2E

SD swap, anyone done it on the Clara 2e? I understand the internal micro-sd is coated with a silicon film. A swap to a 64GB card on my Clara HD worked great, I'm wondering if this translates to the 2e. Thanks!
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 07:35 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
SD swap, anyone done it on the Clara 2e? I understand the internal micro-sd is coated with a silicon film. A swap to a 64GB card on my Clara HD worked great, I'm wondering if this translates to the 2e. Thanks!
You can swap the card in the Clara 2E. Just be careful to remove any stray bits of the coating that lands inside the µSD card socket. One user replaced the original card that failed with an 128GB card and, so far, hasn't reported any issues.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2024, 03:59 AM   #3
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Tolino Shine 5th Gen
I did that just recently. In the end, it worked very well. But @DNSB is right: Be sure to remove all of the the coating stuff. It may not be obvious at first glance that there are still remnants. By wiggling the card back and forth, I was able to pull it out without any problems. But patience is required here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clara2e_sdcard.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	207392  
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote