Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2024, 09:16 PM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Modern Covers for Ancient Kobo Minis

I picked up a super cheap Kobo Mini maybe a year or two ago thanks to the generosity of a fellow mobileread user. It came with a Navitech cover which does the job. I wanted this to be my portable reader that I would take with me when I went out hiking or longboarding, and it protects the Mini very well, but it’s a bit bulky.

I was wondering what cases other Kobo Mini users were putting their readers into. Since nobody makes an actual Kobo Mini cover anymore, what alternatives are you using? I’m looking for something slim like a neoprene sleeve, but I’m open to other suggestions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3116.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	207365

Name:	IMG_3117.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	207366
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 04:41 AM   #2
Jupiter7
Jupiter7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura One, (Previous: Kobo Glo, Glo HD)
I got a simple PU leather case from AliExpress, they have five colours.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B403AD4B-4AA6-45EF-8021-5DD86656D972.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	497.8 KB
ID:	207436   Click image for larger version

Name:	967F2BD4-FA74-4A91-8E60-8125AC1B7545.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	454.2 KB
ID:	207437  
Jupiter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 05:08 PM   #3
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Modern Covers for Ancient Kobo Minis

That looks nice! I hadn’t thought to peruse AliExpress. They put the long in long tail.

How heavy is it? And how long ago did you buy it?
Old 04-09-2024, 05:50 PM   #4
Jupiter7
Jupiter7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura One, (Previous: Kobo Glo, Glo HD)
Only since December, the case weighs 78g (without the mini in it).
Jupiter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:08 AM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Thanks for the feedback. I’m actually looking for some sort of sleeve because that’ll be easier to carry around, but your case looks modern and nice, so it will definitely be my back up plan if nobody else has any other suggestions.

In general, I wonder what everyone else is using for their Minis.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:42 AM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm still using the OEM cover. It's pretty shabby now, flaking, and I never liked it much, as it was oversized and bulky compared to the Mini itself (kind of obviating the point of the Mini), but it does the job. Especially since these days the Mini gets tossed into my beach/pool bag, as opposed to going in my purse. The cover stands up to rough handling.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:31 AM   #7
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm still using the OEM cover. It's pretty shabby now, flaking, and I never liked it much, as it was oversized and bulky compared to the Mini itself (kind of obviating the point of the Mini), but it does the job. Especially since these days the Mini gets tossed into my beach/pool bag, as opposed to going in my purse. The cover stands up to rough handling.

Thanks for the feedback. When I bought my first Mini, I thought the kkKobo covers were too expensive. By the time I changed my mind, the covers were sold out. It's great that yours is still chugging away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro