Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-23-2024, 12:33 PM   #1
phm92190
phm92190 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3 not recognised as a pocketbook

I have two pocketbook readers, an Inkpad X and an Inkpad color 3.

Upon connexion, the Inkpad X shows up as "Pocketbook Improved".
The annotation plugin works fine. The device settings include the option to retrieve the "marked as read" from the device.

On the contrary, the color 3 is detected as "Diva HD", and is not recognised as a pocketbook by the annotation plugin nor by the device configuration menu.
phm92190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 01:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre

FWIW I recommend new users reading all the FAQ
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2024, 08:56 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
pocketbooks have wildly different firmware. Some of them use pocketbook firmware some use other device firmware. Devices are assigned to drivers in calibre by the USB ids of the device firmware. Presumably the color 3 firmware uses Diva HD USB ids.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 09:51 AM   #4
phm92190
phm92190 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre

FWIW I recommend new users reading all the FAQ
In other words, RTFM

Actually, I have been using calibre for longer than I can remember (more than 10 years?) and I only got this issue when I had to replace my (first generation) kindle with this inkpad color so until now I had never been concerned with device issues.
BTW the FAQ my-device-is-not-being-detected-by-calibre is not relevant to my situation since everything works fine except for the minor issues I indicated.

anyway
phm92190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 03:18 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The FAQ is a living document (it get updated all the time as issues crop up), so a revisit from time to time, is still advisable.

The manual in help reflects the current version (mostly).

Sorry, I thought nothing was detected. Calibre labels devices typically by first used (that had the driver created)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert