Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
ruskalaka
ruskalaka began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2nd gen
Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen: Repair Needed screen

Hi guys I'm new here

I just bought a joblot of stuff from ebay and this one 2nd gen paperwhite was part of it.

I plugged it in to charge overnight and it is now stuck on a "Repair Needed" screen. I saw some guides that said copying a file named "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE" fixes this but whenever I plug the kindle into my computer the kindle restarts and goes to the kindle loading screen with a tree and spinning wheel then goes back to the repair needed screen.
While it is on the "tree" screen it appears in mycomputer for about 10seconds but when i try to open it just says "no disk is inserted" so I cant copy the file.

Any input would highly be appreciated.
ruskalaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Try the master index on the subject of de-bricking.
Now that you are a member, you can use the advanced search to find what you need.

No link, because I would have to do the same two things above as you to find it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Here is one example:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265083

If you are using Windows, then the script would be different.

I can tell you 1 windows equivalent of touch is
Code:
type nul >> a:\DO_FACTORY_RESTORE
With your own kindles drive letter of course.

But definitely look through the indexes and guides that are already out there, this is justhow to do that one command in windows.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote