Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
patp1946
Enthusiast
patp1946 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Eject Device Not Registering in Windows

When I eject my Nook Color in Calibre, Calibre seems to eject it. The device disappears from the Library page. However, Windows task bar still shows it as connected and when I try to eject from the task bar I get a message that the device is being used by another program. I get this message even though Calibre is closed. I am running 8.5.
patp1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You probably have a windows explorer window open to the Nook.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Or your Anti-virus is scanning it
Or Windows is Indexing it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Media Center is another culprit. I have often gotten this message.
If Windows wont eject it, I close calibre, close any calibre worker processes, and try again.
If that fails I shut down Windows and disconnect.
I have tried disconnecting first in Windows and it disconnects calibre, then reconnects the device (Sony 600) but calibre usually doesn't reconnect.
I think this is a Windows problem with too many programs trying to read media content from a device. Can't think why they don't prompt you first.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
patp1946
Enthusiast
patp1946 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Shutting down the drives (Nook Color and Its SD Card) through Explorer seems to work.
Must be a Windows issue.

Thanks
patp1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert