Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 04:08 PM   #61
karlnapf
Enthusiast
karlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura One
seems to be not interesting > deleted

Last edited by karlnapf; 02-23-2017 at 02:17 AM.
karlnapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:08 PM   #62
TheZephyr
TheZephyr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I updated this morning using the Mark 5 firmware on here and I do have the new home screen. I have a H20.
I just tried with the one linked here and i still have the old homescreen. Its weird.
TheZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #63
imkh
Enthusiast
imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
From what I've seen, it's not being pushed out to everyone and for me is only showing on my higher resolution devices (Aura HD, Aura H2O and KA1).
I updated my Aura HD using the Mark 4 firmware from here and don't have the new screen. For which I'm very glad, I don't use the Kobo store at all and don't like all that advertising!

Haven't tried it on my KA1 as yet, I depend a lot on the patches to help my fading eyesight so will wait. It's working well for now so no urgency.

Just a note - isn't the Glo HD higher resolution than the Aura HD? - it may be larger screens rather than resolution?
imkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:56 PM   #64
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
We're led to believe they are doing usability testing, and have a random selection seeing the new home screen.
Thank you!
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #65
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
My H2O downloaded the update regularly through OTA, all on its own, but after it installed it wouldn't turn on again and kept getting stuck on the 'moving squares' screen eventually, after 30 mins, I tried to reboot it and it gave me a critical error -- I had to factory reset it.
Won't be trying that very soon on the Glo HD I think. Oh, and I still have the old home screen.

On a positive note, I'm reloading my books through Calibre and the device's processing time seems to be way faster than it was before.

Last edited by mathil; 02-22-2017 at 05:02 PM.
mathil is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2017, 05:00 PM   #66
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022
This is my H20 home screen, I find it clean and simple. The top are three books I have started, with room for one more. The bottom left is my Books. The 'advertising' is bottom right ( I don't mind the covers myself) and the two bottom links (just words).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4316.JPG
Views:	765
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	155220  
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #67
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
the new home screen looks very kindleish.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #68
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
the new home screen looks very kindleish.
Yes very much so, I guess that's why I like it. Kindle on the left, Kobo on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4320.JPG
Views:	594
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	155221  
Old 02-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #69
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Except on the Kindle you can turn off recommendations can't you? (or you could in the past)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:18 PM   #70
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Updated my KA1, despite patches not being out. I got the new homescreen and actually really like it. I never cared for for most of the tiles that were on the old homescreen. I wouldn't mind being able to get rid of the not in progress book displays, but eh. This feels a lot cleaner, and a lot more consolidated.

Series sort is nice, haven't checked if it's there for collections as well but I presume it is.

I am a little disappointed that Kobo still hasn't added support for multiple public libraries to their overdrive implementation.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #71
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Except on the Kindle you can turn off recommendations can't you? (or you could in the past)
Not if you want the new home screen, you have to have recommendations. If you turn them off your home screen consists of six rectangle collection covers, like the OS used to be.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:29 PM   #72
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
How do you open the reading stat in new home screen?
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:31 PM   #73
egoat
egoat began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
How do you get the new firmware? Mine is still 4.2.8432.
egoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #74
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by imkh View Post

Just a note - isn't the Glo HD higher resolution than the Aura HD? - it may be larger screens rather than resolution?
I have it on my lower resolution Aura 6", so that is not the criteria.

For now I think I will leave it and see what I think.

I am not seeing a way to sort the collection by index number; I can sort by title or series, and I get an alphabetical sort by title.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:40 PM   #75
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
How do you open the reading stat in new home screen?
The top left dropdown has an "activity" selection. You cannot make it stick to the home screen though.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote