Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-18-2024, 10:45 AM   #1
9acca9
9acca9 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 10 gen
Is possible to use a plugin for Calibre with Calibre-cli?

Hi.
Well that, i want to use Calibre headless, and for me is really important have the possibility to run a plugin that i was using with the graphical interface (i never use the cli version)

it is possible to add plugins from cli?
and later run them?

Thanks.
9acca9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 11:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre-customize allows managing plugins and calibre-debug --run-plugin allows running them, IF, the plugin supports being run from the command line.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2024, 03:06 PM   #3
9acca9

Thanks
I installed throught the cli with the command to say.
Later list to see the plugins.

And it seems the name is this:Biblioteca EPL

exceute this to config but im having this error:
Code:
calibre-customize --customize-plugin="Biblioteca EPL"
i also try

Code:
calibre-customize --customize-plugin=Biblioteca EPL
without quotes.

But the same result:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibre-customize", line 21, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
             ^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 887, in main
    name, custom = opts.customize_plugin.split(',')
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)
there is something i can try?
Thanks

EDIT:OH, i see is looking for more arguments.... but how i know the variables to put the info?

Last edited by 9acca9; 04-18-2024 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:13 PM   #4
9acca9

Hi.
I add the plugin, but for config through terminal it looks complicated to me.
I can install the addon in a graphical enviroment and then take that config to my headless system? where will be saved those arguments of the plugin in calibre? i mean, so i take it from there.

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:19 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
THe customization string is the same as you would enter for the plugin when customizing it via the GUI. If the plugin has more complex customization than that, then you cant configure it from the CLI. And you can always copy the calibre configuration folder from one computer to another.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2024, 11:26 AM   #6
9acca9

excellent!
Im gonna try that, thanks for your help!