Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-31-2024, 02:16 PM   #1
Simeva
Simeva began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Settings appear... then disappear

So I open Calibre, everything appears to be normal, mycustomised main toolbar appears, and then a few seconds later it disappears and another toolbar configuration replaces it.

Any ideas how I can get my old settings back?
Simeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 02:37 PM   #2
Simeva

I managed to get screenshots of what happens.

Calibre opens like this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1711910137

and then two seconds later this toolbar appears:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1711910137

I'm using Calibre Portable 7.7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (68)_cr.png
Views:	53
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	207261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (69)_cr.png
Views:	55
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	207262  
Advert
Old 03-31-2024, 02:38 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
By any chance do you have an eReader attached? There are two sets of menus in the preferences; one with no device attached and a second when there is a device attached.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 02:42 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
It looks as if you are starting calibre with a device attached since your second screen shot has a Send to device icon.

If you going into Preferences => Toolbars and menus and select The main toolbar on the dropdown, you should see the options in your first image. If you then select The main toolbar when a device is connected, you should see the options in your second screenshot.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 02:43 PM   #5
Simeva

Nice call!

I didn't have an e-reader attached, but my old dumbphone was charging on a USB port. When I disconnectd, Calibre started ok. So I guess Calibre thought that was an e-reader.

Thanks
Advert
Old 03-31-2024, 03:18 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeva View Post
Nice call!

I didn't have an e-reader attached, but my old dumbphone was charging on a USB port. When I disconnectd, Calibre started ok. So I guess Calibre thought that was an e-reader.

Thanks
You can set Calibre to Ignore that device (in case you do that again)
Note when there ARE DEFINED ignored devices, There will be an Icon on Preferences:sharing (section)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 03:26 PM   #7
Simeva

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You can set Calibre to Ignore that device (in case you do that again)
Note when there ARE DEFINED ignored devices, There will be an Icon on Preferences:sharing (section)
Hmm...

I can see in Preferences where I might do that, but there are no devices listed. Not even when I restart Calibre with the phone connected (and the toolbar changes).
Old 03-31-2024, 04:23 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Connect the device: Right click the device icon when it appears (may have to finish the new book scan):CONFIGURE: click Ignore this device (has Red X)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 06:13 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Connect the device: Right click the device icon when it appears (may have to finish the new book scan):CONFIGURE: click Ignore this device (has Red X)
Unless it is a USB device instead of an MTP device. If it is then one must disable the driver plugin to avoid connecting to it.

OP: what does calibre say on its bottom status line when the "dumb phone" is connected?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote