Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-15-2021, 10:18 AM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Error message when deleting books

I've recently been working on combining all of the various libraries I've created over the years and getting rid of duplicates. Of which there are a lot.

In the last couple weeks I've started running into the following error message when deleting files.

Code:
calibre, version 5.23.0
ERROR: Failed to delete: Failed to delete some books, click the "Show details" button for details.

==> Man and Brother
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 949, in executemany
apsw.IOError: IOError: disk I/O error

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 66, in delete_one
  File "calibre\db\legacy.py", line 459, in delete_book
  File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 76, in call_func_with_lock
  File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1785, in remove_books
  File "calibre\db\tables.py", line 272, in remove_books
apsw.SQLError: SQLError: no such savepoint: _apsw-0
I've also noticed the same message periodically when using the FanFicFare plugin but I don't think it's a plugin issue.
Spoiler:
calibre, version 5.23.0
ERROR: Error Updating Metadata: <p>An error has occurred while FanFicFare was updating calibre's metadata for <a href='https://archiveofourown.org/works/6859174'>Born This Way</a>.</p>The ebook has been updated, but the metadata has not.

apsw.IOError: IOError: disk I/O error

File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 2185, in set_custom
File "calibre\db\legacy.py", line 769, in set_custom
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1233, in set_field
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1159, in mark_as_dirty
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1152, in update_last_modified
File "calibre\db\write.py", line 543, in set_books
File "calibre\db\write.py", line 197, in one_one_in_books

File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 1784, in update_books_loop
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 2300, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 2194, in set_custom
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 2183, in raise_exception
Exception: Trying to set entry (numWords) value(2691) to column (#words) failed (SQLError: no such savepoint: _apsw-0)

Since it is a disk I/O error I immediately suspected hard drive issues but two Disk Checks have come up completely clean and I haven't noticed issues in any of the other programs I use. I also did a Check Library that came back with no significant issues.

My machine specs are:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
8gb RAM
Calibre 5.23 (64-bit)
595GB free on a 1TB hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its an I/O error which means reading/writing to the disk is failing. If itsnt hardware failure then the other thing that can cause it is programs that intefere. You can try running in sfe mode and/or excluding the library directories from all file sync/antivirus and similar programs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:46 PM   #3
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Kovid.

I restarted in Safe Mode and I suspect the issue is that this is my old work computer that is no longer connected to the network. Once in Safe Mode I couldn't access My Documents because it's a redirected folder that I'm guessing technically lived on the server but was mirrored to the workstation. I'll have to try dropping everything onto an external drive and see if that solves the problem.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:28 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Calibre doesn't handle NAS drives very well, and I suspect network drives are the same.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #5
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Calibre doesn't handle NAS drives very well, and I suspect network drives are the same.
Possibly but I never had any issues when it was connected to the network. Only now that it's been disconnected.
Old 08-16-2021, 11:02 AM   #6
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

I moved the libraries over to an external drive and now I'm getting a new SQL error message and it seems like it won't delete books at all. I'm using Calibre Portable directly on the external drive. I've pretty much always used Calibre Portable so that I could just copy everything to a drive and not lose my settings.

Code:
calibre, version 3.47.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SQLError</b>:SQLError: no such module: fts5

calibre 3.47.1 Portable embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.16299-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.16299')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.16299', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 0, 4) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 6, 0) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && FanFicFare (3, 13, 0) && SmartEject (2, 2, 0) && Count Pages (1, 9, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 75) && EpubSplit (2, 8, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && Ex Libris (1, 0, 19) && Job Spy (1, 0, 169) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 24) && Modify ePub (1, 4, 0) && Library Splitter (1, 0, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 33) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 2, 0)
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\copy_to_library.py", line 393, in choose_library
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\copy_to_library.py", line 446, in copy_to_library
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\copy_to_library.py", line 512, in do_copy
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 415, in delete_books_by_id
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1647, in remove_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1676, in remove_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 886, in executemany
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-zu_bhl\apsw-3.27.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 1136, in APSWCursor_executemany.sqlite3_prepare
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-zu_bhl\apsw-3.27.2-r1\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
SQLError: SQLError: no such module: fts5
Old 08-16-2021, 11:07 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are running too old a version of calibre, update to at least 4.23
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:33 AM   #8
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

And this is why I'm trying to get everything consolidated properly.

That fixed it.

Thank you, Kovid.
Old 04-18-2024, 07:50 PM   #9
KSlauson
KSlauson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Savepoint error

I get a similar error. I've been trying various suggestions, including exporting the library and reimporting it to a different local drive. My library passes all the check library tests. I can add and edit books, but I cannot delete some books. There's a serious bug in Calibre somewhere. Here's the error message:

calibre, version 7.8.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SQLError</b>:SQLError: no such savepoint: _apsw-0

calibre 7.8 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 10, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 10, 0) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Baen (1, 1, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 4) && Clipboard Search (1, 5, 1) && Comments Cleaner (1, 13, 0) && Count Pages (1, 13, 6) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Ebook Translator (2, 3, 3) && Editor Chains (1, 1, 6) && EpubMerge (2, 18, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 7, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 2) && FanFicFare (4, 33, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 7, 0) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 3, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 1) && FictionDB (1, 4, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 9) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 4) && Goodreads (1, 8, 1) && ISFDB3 (1, 2, 2) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 10, 0) && From KFX (2, 10, 0) && KFX Input (2, 10, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Metadata (1, 5, 0) && Manage Series (1, 5, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 3) && NASA STI Repository (1, 0, 2) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Overdrive Link (2, 57, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 10) && Quick Preferences (1, 7, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 2, 1) && Search The Internet (1, 11, 2) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2) && TTS to MP3 (0, 6, 0) && TextDiff (1, 2, 4) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 4) && Wikidata (2, 0, 0) && ePub Extended Metadata {Writer} (0, 11, 2) && ePub Extended Metadata {Reader} (0, 11, 2) && ePub Extended Metadata (0, 11, 2) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 57, 0)
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 1159, in executemany
File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.ConstraintError: ConstraintError: constraint failed

File "calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 459, in delete_books
File "calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 436, in do_library_delete
File "calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 459, in delete_books_by_id
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 86, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 2220, in remove_books
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 2292, in remove_books
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 1158, in executemany
KSlauson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 11:07 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You need to right click on the database name on the toolbar and select Library maintenance and then select Restore database as your database has been corrupted.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote