Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2023, 02:02 PM   #1
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
Mirror your kobo screen to PC

Hello
A tool for developers tired of clicking on the ereader
https://github.com/Szybet/kobo-screen-mirror
In the repo is a presentation.

This could in theory work on devices with a broken screen all together ( works on one where touchscreen is broken but I2C with the controller still works ).

I wonder if there is any way to make the E-ink stop updating but the framebuffer would still work normally? Propably impossible without a kernel hack
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 03:13 PM   #2
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You mean like a headless vnc server?
This guy did one - don't know if that's what you mean.

https://raymii.org/s/articles/Expose...m_via_VNC.html
elinkser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2023, 04:02 PM   #3
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
Yep exactly something like that, but it works with eink framebuffer, not just Qt

Apart from that Qt vnc platform plugin doesn't f*****g work at all on kobo's, port is open, connection is loading, no logs, nothing on both sides just doesn't work, i have spend too much time debugging it and nothing, so I have written this one...
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote