Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-13-2022, 05:28 PM   #1
robowolf
robowolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara
Change author name for specific Calibre Library upon ereader upload

I have two Calibre Libraries, "Books" and "Fics", but I upload them all onto one Kobo ereader. I go to look for books by authors and I've got Oscar Wilde next to, say, WolfeeSama69. I'd like to change it so for all the authors in my "Fics" library, when they upload to Kobo, append "zz_" to all the author names (so WolfeeSama69 becomes zz_WolfeeSama69 on Kobo).

I know one option is to use the search and replace function on the metadata to change the author_sort (or authors), but I was wondering if there was another way? I've seen people talking about Plugboard, but I'm not sure how to get started - mostly I don't know how to specify that the rule would only work for a specific library when uploading.
robowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 09:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Plugboards are not per-library but you could probably use the template language to create a template that will specialize its output based on the current library. I dont recall if library information is available in the plugboard context however. You will need to try it and see.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2022, 06:14 AM   #3
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Quote:
Originally Posted by robowolf View Post
I have two Calibre Libraries, "Books" and "Fics", but I upload them all onto one Kobo ereader.
Have you thought about using the Collections features of Kobo?
Use two Collections say "Books" and Fan Fiction" and save the books to collections instead. That way you retain the original author names and can search the individual collections on the Kobo for books.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 10:53 AM   #4
robowolf
robowolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemk View Post
Have you thought about using the Collections features of Kobo?
Use two Collections say "Books" and Fan Fiction" and save the books to collections instead. That way you retain the original author names and can search the individual collections on the Kobo for books.
I will probably go with this and try a template like kovidgoyal suggested in the future, when I'm more familiar with the coding.

Thank you!
robowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:49 AM   #5
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
@robowolf

There is a wiki page showing how to set up Collections on the Kobo which is all I used to get it going - for future reference it is at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert