Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Question Kobo Library: Missing Previews and Purchased Books

I download a great many previews and I've noticed that some of the previews I downloaded last year are missing from my library. I checked the product pages and they state that these books are in my library. I've checked the trash section and they are not there either. I've had to ask Kobo to add these books back manually. Sometimes if I purchase one, it will appear in my library but sometimes it will not despite being in the purchase history of the My Account page.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is here?

Obviously something is wrong with the library database and Kobo know there is a problem but haven't fixed it or can't fix it. Is there a limit to the number of previews someone can have in their library? Why do the product pages state that a preview is in the library when it is not? If I check the book from within the Kobo app, I see the exact same problem.

Kobo can fix these issues on an individual basis if I contact customer care but I'm beginning to find this quite irritating and I'd prefer if I could find some sort of permanent solution. I've asked Kobo customer care but they only add individual books when requested and don't seem to know what previews are "missing" unless I tell them. These issues occur on Chrome on Windows 7, 8 and Android 4.3. This is occurring with the new website.

Apologies if this issue has already been addressed elsewhere.

Last edited by corroonb; 11-20-2013 at 11:27 PM.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
andrize
andrize began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I have experienced exactly the same issues you have described. I called customer service as well, and after explaining and re-explaining they were able to add a preview back to my library. I also do not want to have to tirelessly go through each preview over the phone to have it added back for me.

After my call to their customer service I received an email for a survey following up on my experience. I explained this issue in detail and even offered a way for them to contact me directly or by phone if they were interested in resolving my issue, however I have not heard anything back from them.

It's comforting to know that I'm not alone! (I use the Kobo app on my iPad)
andrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert