Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-03-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
Nekian
Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 3
Pocket/Instapaper to Kindle via IFTTT

Hello folks,

so I just got my first eReading device: the Paperwhite 3 .
I am currently using Pocket for saving articles that I want to read.
Now I'm trying to get all my articles from there onto my PW automatically, but still keep them in my in my Pocket in case I want to read them elsewhere. Alternatively I wouldn't mind switching to Instapaper for that purpose.

I searched the internet and found several ways to do it for some articles on a specified interval. But that is not what I want since I don't have a daily routine to read my articles but rather do that spontaneously.

The way I was trying it until now was by using IFTTT to send every new article to my Kindle email through my regular email account. The Problem with that is that the Kindle email service only works with attachments, so I would have to attach the article. At first that seems really easy by using the article URL as attachment. Unfortunately Pocket and Instapaper don't use the direct URL for that but only redirect to it. So the only thing I get to see on my Kindle is the redirection page .

Since there are a plethora of recipes for that purpose on IFTTT already I thought perhaps I am doing something wrong, because all of them essentially work the same way as mine from what I understand . So I thought I'd ask here as there are probably some guys around here who already use that idea or have a different approach to doing that .

TL;DR
I want to send saved articles to my Kindle every time I save one and not periodically, but couldn't find a way to do that.

Last edited by Nekian; 07-03-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Updated use case
Nekian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
Oxblood
Oxblood began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Voyage (formerly: Sony Reader Daily Edition PRS-950SC)
Hi, Nekian. I've just recently started using the Push To Kindle extension (Google Chrome) and bookmarklet (Internet Explorer) from fivefilters.org to send web articles directly to my Kindle as I find them during browsing. Could be of use to you.
Oxblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
Nekian
Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nekian could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks for the suggestion .
Unfortunately that's not exactly what I was searching for, as I still want my articles to be in my Pocket/Instapaper in case I want to read them on a different device .

Edit: Updated first post with that information.

Last edited by Nekian; 07-03-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You could use calibre with the builtin news recipe to download your Pocket/Instapaper articles and email them your your Kindle email address.

That is a periodic solution though, not an instant one.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #5
Nekian

Thanks for trying to help , but as you said it's periodic hence not exactly what I was searching for :/.
Advert
Old 07-05-2015, 01:01 AM   #6
Oxblood
Oxblood began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Voyage (formerly: Sony Reader Daily Edition PRS-950SC)
I find myself in that situation too from time to time. What I've ended up doing is just manually adding the article to either service using an extension or bookmarklet, then to Kindle using Push To Kindle. It's an extra couple of mouse clicks, but I don't find it too onerous. Let us know if you find a more elegant solution!
Oxblood is offline   Reply With Quote