Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-05-2022, 06:25 PM   #31
Lightyear646
Lightyear646 began at the beginning.

Device: Poke3
Hey Renate - any chance you can share the source code for this app?

I find the Poke3 brightness too bright on the dimmest setting (I like to read at night when it's literally pitch black!) and settng to 4 or 5 through adb shell worked perfectly. If I can just get the same ability from an app rather than debugger then that would be awesome.
Lightyear646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:04 AM   #32
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I knocked down the lowend some.
Try Lights-1.0.apk in http://www.temblast.com/android.htm
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2022, 01:05 AM   #33
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Oops, offtopic, sorry...

Last edited by kaznelson; 12-08-2022 at 01:08 AM.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 08:29 AM   #34
Lightyear646
Lightyear646 began at the beginning.

Device: Poke3
Thanks so much Renate!

Might just be me, but I still find this too bright. At the lowest setting (warmest colour, 5% brightness) adb shows me the levels as:

Code:
Poke3:/ $ cat /sys/class/backlight/warm/brightness
Poke3:/ $ cat /sys/class/backlight/white/brightness
Hope you don't mind, but I disassembled your app and hardcoded a version to set the levels to the following:

Code:
Poke3:/ $ cat /sys/class/backlight/warm/brightness
Poke3:/ $ cat /sys/class/backlight/white/brightness
4 is too dark even for me, and [0,1,2,3] actually turn off the light.

I find this hacky solution perfect when reading at night in the pitch dark, and if I ever need more brightness at other times I'll use the built in controls.

Thanks massively for sharing the original app anyhow!
Lightyear646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:42 PM   #35
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightyear646 View Post
At the lowest setting (warmest colour, 5% brightness)
Oh, you must be from Mars.
You're right, with solid red, minimum brightness it would be too bright.
If you switched it to neutral color, it would probably have been dim enough.

It's difficult finding a scheme that suits all purposes. I presumed that somebody would complain that they couldn't make it bright enough.

The next version will have the red beaten down so that it is commensurate with the blue-ish.
Advert
Old 12-14-2022, 07:41 AM   #36
Renate
Wizard

So I've tried to make that it's constant brightness across settings of the color slider.
This should hopefully satisfy most people?
The new version is available here: http://www.temblast.com/android.htm

Tags
poke 3, screen brightness