Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-30-2023, 06:14 PM   #46
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For my uses, I rather often use my Sage when it is plugged in. A couple of times per week, after a longish reading session, I get the 10% battery left popup . Personally, I would have accepted the weight increase for a larger battery—what were Kobo thinking when they stuffed a 1.8GHz quad-core processor into the device and used a 1,200mAH battery when even the Libra 2 got a 1,500mAH battery?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 03:45 AM   #47
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Docks were a common bedside accessory for the iPhone.
You mean iPod
rantanplan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2023, 03:57 AM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
You mean iPod
iPhone as well. They were used mostly for charging the iPhone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:55 PM   #49
AudioPhool
AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Sage (My wife a: Paperwhite Signature)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
...Personally, I would have accepted the weight increase for a larger battery—what were Kobo thinking when they stuffed a 1.8GHz quad-core processor into the device and used a 1,200mAH battery when even the Libra 2 got a 1,500mAH battery?
Amen, when researching my recent Sage purchase, I wondered the same as you and many others. A tad bit more gram weight vs better run time, who cares? Perhaps for some internal configuration reason, a larger battery wasn't possible verses the expense or difficulty of using the 1,500mAH battery. If otherwise: "what were Kobo thinking"!
AudioPhool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM   #50
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioPhool View Post
Perhaps for some internal configuration reason, a larger battery wasn't possible verses the expense or difficulty of using the 1,500mAH battery. If otherwise: "what were Kobo thinking"!
They mistakenly thought we all wanted to buy power covers. See the 4 metal dots?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2023, 02:01 PM   #51
AudioPhool
AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AudioPhool can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Sage (My wife a: Paperwhite Signature)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
They mistakenly thought we all wanted to buy power covers. See the 4 metal dots?

Final Score, Bean Counters vs Engineering:
  • Bean counters = 1
  • Engineering = 0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nailed It.gif
Views:	44
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	205000  
AudioPhool is offline   Reply With Quote