Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Phalgirl
Phalgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Unhappy Help! Which ereader to get...colour, screen size?

Hi all, okay, i admit I don't like reading technical manuals & I almost always use new User Guides as a secondary resource when I get a new device. Would someone please give me some guidance? I am looking for an ereader that has a colour screen (& allows some customizing of grades of text colour) and the screen size should be about the size of a paperback & not alot heavier than the Kobo. I would also like to be able to download from Amazon or Indigo without a doctorial degree. I think WIFI is pretty much a necessity (don't you)or am a just a spoiled person.

Many thanks for any direction I am given.

m
Phalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Since you're asking for color screens, you're probably wanting a tablet. I would recommend that you take a look at the Nook Color, even if you do have to take some steps to tweak it, because

1) you will be able to download from Amazon and any store with no fetters, bar DRM.
2) by tweaking it (rooting + gaining Android Market access) you will have a much more capable device than what you were originally sold.
3) you will have a device with a good screen, both for the eyes and for steering the device.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
hughes
Addict
hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Nexus, iPad 1
Hi Phalgirl, ereaders with color screens includes iPad, NOOKcolor, Velocity Micro Cruz R101, and PocketBook IQ 701.
hughes is offline   Reply With Quote