Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-01-2020, 07:32 AM   #1
paologatto
paologatto began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note2
Screen streaming over HTTP

Hello, I just purchased the Note 2 and I'm very happy with it!
Among other uses, I would like to use it during lessons as a graphics tablet and for this I would need to share the Note2 screen with a PC in real time while using the "Notes" app on the Note2, to show to students on a video projector the things I write.

Being the Note2 an Android, I tried many applications and looked for various solutions but none worked until I found a small free app that "almost" does what I was looking for.
The app is called "Screen Stream over HTTP" and very simply allows to replicate the Note2 screen on a web page of a computer (running in the same local network). It works well except when the "Note" app is opened in Note2, which is the one I need to use...

When "Note" is used on the Note2, happens that:
- It's possible to draw only on a portion of the screen in Note2.
- The drawing on the web page is rotated and (when the streaming app is running) also the drawing on the Note2 screen is rotated when its screen is refreshed (see image)

The same thing happens with some other similar applications (probably they are all based on the same public domain code) and also with the famous AirDroid app, in mirroring screen mode.

So the Note2, when the "Note" app is used, becomes somehow incompatible with these streaming applications, probably the internal screen resolution and orientation change or something like that, but in my opinion it could be easy to adapt these apps or develop an official Boox app to get HTTP streaming working properly.

What do you think Boox?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Note2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	930.8 KB
ID:	178962  
paologatto is offline   Reply With Quote