Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2024, 10:53 PM   #781
cleokatra
cleokatra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 10th Gen
***UPDATE***
Left the kindle for 10 min, and it auto updated to the latest firmware. I'm so frustrated.

I thought I was SOL but someone was telling me there might be chance to downgrade since it was already jailbroken prior? It still has the MKK folder and rest of jailbroken folders on the kindle. Someone please advise.

Thanks
cleokatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 07:25 AM   #782
Daviteusz
Enthusiast
Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.

Device: KOA3
@Marek I saw that many users lost JB after jailbreak. I think you should add to first post warning about updates and how to stop them (via renameotabin or binaryrenamer)

I think this would help a lot of users.

To everyone:
OTA updates can still be installed automatically after a jailbreak. Jailbreak does not destroy the functionality of OTA updates!
Daviteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2024, 06:46 PM   #783
Drogba72
Drogba72 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 11th
Hi everybody,

Thanks a lot for your work. It was extremly useful for me

I have a PPW2022 and I think Jb is OK now.
After JB, I applyed the Hotfix, install KUAL/KOReader and renamebinary

It's almost OK except I can't turn on the wifi :/

Please, must I applicate this now :
Quote:
If your kindle is not registered to an Amazon account:
Type ;demo into the Kindle search bar.
You will get a prompt with two buttons. Press the right-most button.
The device will reboot. If all is well, your Kindle should have a folder named mkk in the root directory.
Thanks in advance for your help
Drogba72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:00 AM   #784
ForumUser
Mobileread_User
ForumUser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 (2021)
Need some help with post Jailbreak for Kindle PW5 (2021).

Hi,
Thank you for the Jailbreak and all the work behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
[CENTER]
LanguageBreak
18. Choose Chinese (简体中文) (The one above the odd Pseudot language)
19. Your kindle should reboot and you should see some log message on the screen
[/CODE]
Post Jailbreak

Post Post Jailbreak
Code:
Stuck in chinese, demo or device is managed after jailbreak?
All you need to do is 
;demo => press the right button it should "enter demo" but it will actually reset into normal mode with English 
After this check if you have mkk folder on your kindle - if it's missing reinstall the hotfix and have fun :)
I am a little bit confused after the step 19 for Jailbreak section. After reboot, my device went back to demo mode and had to skip Wi-Fi, set store name and, skip demo payload fetch. I tried to apply Post Post Jailbreak instead of Post Jailbreak but it is not showing me any button. It is only showing me the demo menu. Am I supposed to apply Post Jailbreak in demo mode, or there is something wrong?

Thank you for the time and attention.
ForumUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 03:31 PM   #785
ForumUser
Mobileread_User

Forgot to add following info in the above post.

I am on 5.16.2.1.1 and after reboot it went back to demo in English, not Chinese.
Advert
Old 03-01-2024, 07:54 PM   #786
ForumUser
Mobileread_User

Oops! I didn't see that All Settings > Device Options > Advanced Options > Update Your Kindle, so I thought Post Jailbreak might be for normal mode! ;dsts shows that Update Your Kindle. Awesome! Thank you so much.

#784 and #785 SOLVED
Old 03-05-2024, 07:34 AM   #787
ForumUser
Mobileread_User

Do I have to still apply https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597 after language hotfix? I am trying to install KUAL.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:53 AM   #788
locutus2000
locutus2000 began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
I have a PW3 which I am trying languagebreak on. After selecting chinese language I am rebooting into English demo mode and I get this message that an error has been found and that I can submit a JIRA item. I am on 5.16.2.1.1 as instructed, I have reset the device, I have reapplied the firmware update. I also tried continuing with the hotfix after the JIRA error and with both routes (with/without Amazon) registration and I don't end up with the kk folder in the root of my PW3.

What am I doing wrong?
locutus2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 03:41 AM   #789
locutus2000
locutus2000 began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Post #788 resolved by applying the hotfix again.
locutus2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:12 AM   #790
Aaa77
Aaa77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hello everyone. Impossible for me to install the JB with the links from the first post. The kindle doesn't restart on the language choice, and it's not a speed problem with step 15 because I simply can't do it any faster. However, I already passed the JB on the first try, except that I had to do a restore to factory settings and since then it has been impossible to do it again. I think I've tried this about 20 times and I'm in despair. Does anyone have a solution?

Kindle Paperwhite Signature 5.15.1.1
Aaa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 12:32 PM   #791
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Oops. Wrong place.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:13 PM   #792
TheSilentChief
TheSilentChief began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 11th Generation
Hey all,

I've been able to make it through the initial JB phase twice with zero issues. The problems arise once I get to the post-JB phase. After installing the JB and selecting the Chinese language option, the device boots into managed mode, in English. Since it's in managed mode I can't use the ";uzb" command into the search bar to install the hotfix, nor can I access the demo menu or settings, so this seems like a big roadblock.

I just want to make sure, before I commit to some kind of irreversible error, can I simply reboot the device into demo mode, load up the hotfix via the sideloader option, and just manually install the hotfix from there? I wanted to ask since that doesn't align 1:1 with the tutorial.

I'm using a Kindle Basic 11th generation with FW 5.16.2.1.1 installed.

Last edited by TheSilentChief; 03-06-2024 at 11:16 PM.
TheSilentChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 07:24 AM   #793
pkujulo
pkujulo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
By “clearly” I meant it was written there… literally.

English is not my first language neither.

Getting JB is by itself quite intricate process, so have your expectations higher.
No one is going to hand guide you through it, if someone helps you just says thanks and move on.
I'm sorry. Like you English was not my first language either. I initially read it as dismissive, but I see you were speaking plainly and directly, unfortunately my ego got in the way. If you are willing to accept my help, I will be happy to help point out other steps in the documentation that I think could benefit from further.

Thanks for your work.
pkujulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 03:36 PM   #794
bromeister
bromeister began at the beginning.

Device: scribe
Trying to jailbreak my kindle scribe on 15.6.2. Went through the steps the first time and successfully saw the jailbreak log on on the reboot screen. Ended up having an issue and reinstalled the firmware using the following bin - https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...ibe_5.16.2.bin. Now I'm not seeing the jailbreak log on reboot and it stays in chinese demo mode. I've tried a few times. Is that bin no good? Did I update to far and am now hosed?
bromeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:41 AM   #795
WarrenUK
WarrenUK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This guide is a waste of time. It never works.
WarrenUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak