Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-28-2023, 05:43 AM   #1
marinheiro
Enthusiast
marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Pocketbook, Kobo Aura, Kobo Elipsa
Xiaomi Moaan w8 user experience?

I am (still) looking for a 10 inch ereader, mainly for PDFs, but am very constrained by price. I've just seen the Xiaomi Moaan W8, which is 10.3 inch, and looks like it may be cheaper than the alternatives and a lot better than their older 10inch ereader, the Moaan Inkpad X (I'm in the UK, at the moment I can only get it from China so the customs charges are an unknown). But I haven't seen any reviews of it - has anyone used one of these (or the Inkpad X)?

Graham
marinheiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 06:21 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Look at Meebook P10 pro
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2023, 06:39 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Customs will at least be local VAT on total including shipping. No Customs trust Chinese vendors now so they often want a link to webpage and your payment record. They will ignore the customs declaration on the package. If suitable documentation is missing then they will device on value.
Above a threshold value and depending on category of item, there will also be Customs Duty calculated on item + shipping. Then VAT is calculated on item+shipping+duty
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote